Whoscored characteristics of players new and established

Thierry Ennui

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes mate, I created this thread with the intention that no-one would go to any matches anymore and not as an interesting aside and possible insight into our new players.

I believe you.

Keogh 'does not dive into tackles'...

Beg to differ.

He doesn't normally, because he's not very good at it. So when he has to dive into a tackle, when there's no other option, he normally gets it all wrong. That's just a weakness, we've all got them.

Very odd that bent with his scoring record does not have " scoring goals " as a strngth, especially by a website called "who scored".

and isn't "being a goalie" one of Scott carson's strength? He's played for England after all. 

FFS it's not a video game. What data source, criteria and modelling are these based on?

Agree mate, a lot of fans are into all this analysing and stats now, gone are the days of turning up and watching a loss or a draw and thinking 'if only.... had looked up and passed it to.....' then forgetting about it. Not knocking it but doesn't interest me.

Agree mate, a lot of fans are into all this analysing and stats now, gone are the days of turning up and watching a loss or a draw and thinking 'if only.... had looked up and passed it to.....' then forgetting about it. Not knocking it but doesn't interest me.

Again with this assumption that this is intended to replace going to watch a game and making your own judgements. How are those 'days of thinking 'if only' gone'?

Again with this assumption that this is intended to replace going to watch a game and making your own judgements. How are those 'days of thinking 'if only' gone'?

Not at all mate, wouldn't have a crowd as big of ours if that was the case. Just seems a lot more fans take an interest in analysing every bit of play and scoring players performances than say 10 years ago. I'm not knocking it but when a post match chat over a pint revolves around team and individual player stats, it takes the fun out of it somewhat in my opinion. Not my problem as a fan :lol:

My issue is more to do with the fact that fans are using stats like these to judge players rather than using their own eyes - just look at the number of players that sign for us who are written off by our 'fans' before they've even kicked a ball in anger. I appreciate that some people get a buzz from this, but personally I'd rather reserve judgement until I've seen the player in action than use statistics to tell me someone is crap or otherwise - particularly statistics that don't seem to tally with actual performances....

Not at all mate, wouldn't have a crowd as big of ours if that was the case. Just seems a lot more fans take an interest in analysing every bit of play and scoring players performances than say 10 years ago. I'm not knocking it but when a post match chat over a pint revolves around team and individual player stats, it takes the fun out of it somewhat in my opinion. Not my problem as a fan :lol:

Pundit Itis................Its an irritating affliction.

Archived