New deal for Hanson.

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Academy graduate Jamie Hanson has put pen-to-paper on a new contract with Derby County.

He impressed me during pre-season and when he got his opportunity in the team a few weeks ago, he stepped up and performed very well."

Paul Clement

The England Under 20 international midfielder has signed a fresh three-year deal which will run until the summer of 2018.

Hanson, 19, has impressed in his early-season performances for the Rams under new Head Coach Paul Clement.

He was named in the starting line-up for the Sky Bet Championship games against Charlton Athletic, Middlesbrough and Leeds United, producing composed and mature displays in the central midfield position.

Hanson, who hails from Burton on Trent, is the latest player to progress from Derby’s youth system and into the first-team set-up.

Clement said: “Jamie has got great potential for the future and we have confidence in him, which is why we’ve rewarded him for his progress with this new contract.

“He impressed me during pre-season and when he got his opportunity in the team a few weeks ago, he stepped up and performed very well.

“We believe he can improve and progress further, he’s still young and has shown a willingness to learn and develop.”

He added: “It’s fantastic that Jamie has worked his way through the youth teams and into the first team.

“It’s a great story and fantastic for him as a Derby boy.”

Academy Manager Darren Wassall said: “I’ve said in the past that our trophies are the players that go on to play in the first team and we’re thrilled Jamie has made that step.

“He’s a fantastic young man who is from the local area and grew up with a passion and a desire to play for Derby County.

“Jamie is a talented player but talent alone doesn’t get you to the level he’s at; he has a fantastic attitude and applies himself in the right way both on and off the pitch.

“We’re proud, as a club and not just an Academy, at the number of players that have appeared for the first team; it only drives us on to make sure we continue to raise the bar and push our boundaries every single day.”

Hanson turned professional in the summer of 2014 after completing two years as a scholar in Derby’s Academy set-up.

In total he has already spent 13 years with the club, rising from a schoolboy in the Under 8s all the way through to the first-team squad.

He made his first-team debut in March of this year, scoring direct from a corner in a 1-1 draw away to Norwich City and he went on to make his home bow at the iPro Stadium a few days later against Middlesbrough.

Hanson’s impressive form at Derby, which also saw him named as the Under 21s’ Player of the Season for the 2014/15 campaign, resulted in him being capped by England at Under 20 level.

He featured in a handful of friendly games before being called up to Aidy Boothroyd’s squad for the Toulon Tournament in France in May, playing twice for the Three Lions.

Wonder how much he will feature after 2 new midfield signings. 

With us going out of the cup too early I think he'll probably not get as many as we would all like, however I do still think he'll feature on the bench most games.

Wonder how much he will feature after 2 new midfield signings. 

Can't see him getting many starts now. Probably part of the reason we've rewarded him with a new contract - "well done, keep it up. Don't get disheartened, you are in our plans" sort of thing.

TobyWanKenobi

Fun fact. After Hanson made his debut, I checked his Wikipedia page and noted that his place of birth was not entered. I knew it was Burton-on-Trent so dutifully added it, only for it to be removed within an hour with a note on my account page claiming 'unsourced material'.

I found a source and used that. An hour later it was deleted with another note stating that source was not good enough.

I found another source and asked the editor if he thought this was an acceptable source.

The Wikipedia editor himself them put it on so the edit would be listed in his name.

The moral of the story? Wikipedia editors are the biggest ***** on the planet.

Can't see him getting many starts now. Probably part of the reason we've rewarded him with a new contract - "well done, keep it up. Don't get disheartened, you are in our plans" sort of thing.

I'd put him ahead of Hendrick based on current form. My replacements for Butterfield and Johnson would be Bryson and Hanson, of injuries were to occur.

Fun fact. After Hanson made his debut, I checked his Wikipedia page and noted that his place of birth was not entered. I knew it was Burton-on-Trent so dutifully added it, only for it to be removed within an hour with a note on my account page claiming 'unsourced material'.

I found a source and used that. An hour later it was deleted with another note stating that source was not good enough.

I found another source and asked the editor if he thought this was an acceptable source.

The Wikipedia editor himself them put it on so the edit would be listed in his name.

I agree.

They kept removing all the improvements I made to the gumps' wiki page a few years back.

I'd put him ahead of Hendrick based on current form. My replacements for Butterfield and Johnson would be Bryson and Hanson, of injuries were to occur.

Completely different players though. Which is one of the reasons we've been so poor so far. Neither are players that receive the ball in tight areas, turn and play forwards. Which is why the midfield has been so slow and ponderous.

http://dcfcfans.uk/topic/20130-if-you-could-punch-one-person/?page=1

Honestly think if he is nutured right he could be as good as, if not better than Hughes ( I know, shock blasphemy). He has the kind of strength and bite that would hold its own in the premier league. I do hope that new signings won't hamper the development of this lad as he seems to be going from strength to strength in each game

Archived