New deal for Hanson.

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's nowt special. I reckon he'll develop into a useful championship player like Ben Pringle.

Incidentally, we've not come close to winning a game when he has been in the starting XI. 

Ben Pringles career, especially where he came from, has been very good.  There aren't many players that make it to the top level, and hats off to the manager and scout that gave him his chance and took the gamble at this level.

Should Hanson follow his path, he would still have had a good career, and one not to be sniffed at.  IMO having seen him only a couple of times, he would struggle at a higher level, but he is only young, and each time played in a side devoid of confidence, I'm sure he will develop into a fine player.

He's nowt special. I reckon he'll develop into a useful championship player like Ben Pringle.

Incidentally, we've not come close to winning a game when he has been in the starting XI. 

Could say the same about a number of Derby players. 

Bruiser has only played a handful of games an they have all been in a team that has looked poor regardless of personnel.

Clement has worked with some of the best players in world football, he knows talent when he sees it so for me, its encouraging to see how much he likes Hanson. Hopefully with the players around him he can learn a few things to add to his game, I can see him being a lower Premiership player at least.

Completely different players though. Which is one of the reasons we've been so poor so far. Neither are players that receive the ball in tight areas, turn and play forwards. Which is why the midfield has been so slow and ponderous.

Not so sure about that, Hanson has looked very composed on the ball and has often played his way out of trouble with little difficulty. Hanson has not only hugely improved on his solid performances last season but also, adapted his playing style to become a more versatile midfielder. He has the pressing nature of Bryson with the defensive sensibilities of Thorne.

I think Hanson could be an important player for us this season, especially while Hughes is out injured. His versatility has also got me thinking about whether he could possibly play RB if we needed him to? He's got all the right attributes to play there, but that does not necessarily mean he would play well.

Archived