James Wilson

Ambitious

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
On 14/09/2015, 14:41:12, PistoldPete2 said:

well what if martin is injured... Even with bent weimann etc do we have a. Replacement? Not sure of Wilson could do martins job I haven't seen him play. But once again looks as tho we really would be in the **** if Martin gets injured. 

If he's genuinely good then that's a big deal for them and makes it looks as though it will be a 5-way shootout for the top-2. When Man Yoo are so clueless upfront but not playing him, and are hoping to rely on the apparent silky skills of a certain Jesse Lingard to open up opposition defences, I'm not that convinced Wilson can be the real deal.

11 hours ago, Rampage said:

Do not like, big time.

I fell exactly the same, a massive result for Brighton signing James Wilson from Man Utd till the end of the season. Reports are that 20 other clubs were after him from the Premiership & the Championship, including ourselves of course.

I worry constantly that unless we get away from relying so much on Chris Martin for what seems like everything we will never get out of this league & into the promise land. For all the money we spent in the summer & our good position in the table right now we just don't look a whole team capable of beating the teams around us when it really matters. Plus our exposure on Sky so much this season has done us no favours whatsoever, our record & performances in these games to date have been more than disappointing.

I fear our next three games starting tonight at Hull City may well prove to show where our overall deficiencies lay as regards the other teams that matter in regards to winning promotion this season, I sincerely hope I'm proved totally wrong but I fear not.

6 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

If he's genuinely good then that's a big deal for them and makes it looks as though it will be a 5-way shootout for the top-2. When Man Yoo are so clueless upfront but not playing him, and are hoping to rely on the apparent silky skills of a certain Jesse Lingard to open up opposition defences, I'm not that convinced Wilson can be the real deal.

Wilson is striker and Lingard certainly ain't...

But they let him leave eventhough they only have two strikers until January with Rooney (who's been poor) and Martial, so you can get the same conclusion anyway!

10 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Wilson is striker and Lingard certainly ain't...

But they let him leave eventhough they only have two strikers until January with Rooney (who's been poor) and Martial, so you can get the same conclusion anyway!

The fact that he's not as good as Rooney doesn't mean he's not good enough for us. But We are said to be after permies in January which shows we are ambitious which is obvious anyway. 

6 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

So what has James Wilson done to be so feared?

He plays for Mau U and people keep saying he is great surely that's enough justification?

There seems a lot of hype around a player who has scored a whole 3 goals in first team football. Maybe he will do as well as Will Keane and Macheda who were also the next be striking talent to come out of Man U. I don't know why people want us to sign someone totally unproven when our reserve forward is Darren Bent who has scored goals pretty constantly throughout his career.

1 hour ago, emjlc02 said:

He plays for Mau U and people keep saying he is great surely that's enough justification?

There seems a lot of hype around a player who has scored a whole 3 goals in first team football. Maybe he will do as well as Will Keane and Macheda who were also the next be striking talent to come out of Man U. I don't know why people want us to sign someone totally unproven when our reserve forward is Darren Bent who has scored goals pretty constantly throughout his career.

Probably because they play this Football Manager thingy so spending money's easy - especially when it's not your own

Archived