Victor Anichebe

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a bad signing, but I wouldn't pay much more than £1.5-2m - strength and pace is something we do need up top. Let's have some positivity, eh lads?

I like the lad having followed him from his early days when he broke through with James Vaughan, but would I pay even 1m for him?  'Fraid not.  He's become a bit part player and I'd rather promote from within and save the money for a player that improves us.

Curtains, I'm interested given your stance on the academy.  Anichebe on a 3 yr deal or develop Bennett, Calero and Thomas (and possibly one or two more?)?

To be fair, his record in the Premier League is one goal every 330 minutes. It's not great, but not quite as bad as people are making out. 

This wouldn't be a signing I would make, mind, but I'd give him a chance. £3m would prove to be a huge gamble. 

I'm sure big bad brave Jeremy Peace won't let us have him :ph34r:

for £3 million Jezza will give him a piggyback from the hawthorns to whatever your ground is called this season.

Has all the attributes to be a top player, unfortunately his main "attribute" is a heart the size of a pea. First sign off things getting tough he'll start holding his groin and look to the bench asking to be taken off.

Would love him to be out of our club, but you all seem a decent bunch so my advice is steer well clear of him.

To be fair, his record in the Premier League is one goal every 330 minutes. It's not great, but not quite as bad as people are making out. 

This wouldn't be a signing I would make, mind, but I'd give him a chance. £3m would prove to be a huge gamble. 

problem is getting him to play 330 minutes a season

Thanks - a goal in 3.5 rather than in 7.5, but obviously with huge fitness issues, and somewhere we're already well-stocked in the squad. What chance the likes of Thomas, Calero, Bennett, Zanzala coming through with yet another striker in front of them?

I'd say he offers what we don't have and of course if he comes he gets my full support, but for me he's behind Martin, Bent and Weimann in the pecking order so when will he get his chance (given Clement's not nearly as liberal with his attacking subs as McClaren)? Yes the others may get injured at some point, but If that happens there's always a loan.

Still, I did a search for the obligatory YouTube video. There won't be many in the current squad who've scored against Chelsea:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndzNjninnrI

Can't help thinking there's something just a little odd with that clip... :huh:

Could you explain this to me please, eddie? 

Im terribly curious. 

Whereas decimals are base 10, hexadecimals are base 16.

In decimal, you count 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

In hexadecimal, you count 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F 10

Binary is base 2, so counting is 1 10 11 100 101 110 111 1000

Computer storage is measured (at the lowest level) in bits, then groups of 8 bits, known as bytes. Us oldies will look at groups of 4 bits -we called those 'nibbles'. Anyway, the biggest number that can be held in a nibble is 1111. Now looking as the binary 'counting' row above, the biggest value that can be held in a nibble is 1111. Its decimal equivalent (from right to left) is 1 + 2 + 4 + 8 = 15. Count 15 digits along the hexadecimal row and the 15th digit is F.

Similarly, if you had a second nibble containing 1111, this could also be represented in hexadecimal as F, so binary 11111111 could be written as 'FF' in hex, or 255 in decimal.

I know how to do it but should  of used the calculator first before I jumped in  1111  1111   S

LOL

In EBCDIC that's 4C4F4C, or 010011000100, but that's for another day.

I like the lad having followed him from his early days when he broke through with James Vaughan, but would I pay even 1m for him?  'Fraid not.  He's become a bit part player and I'd rather promote from within and save the money for a player that improves us.

Curtains, I'm interested given your stance on the academy.  Anichebe on a 3 yr deal or develop Bennett, Calero and Thomas (and possibly one or two more?)?

Bennett needs to go out on loan for his development. 

Calero is a speedy winger type player but not a CF .

Kawame Thomas is out on loan for the season already but needs to develop his game. 

Victor Is a proven big bustling CF goalscorer who if he stays fit would be a perfect fit for DCFC 

Point being with Martin and Bent as well Victor could be used as and when . 

PS Is there any foundation to this report that we are in for him  

Exactly - it must be very skewed as a stat. Much more interesting to see would be goals per minutes on the pitch.

Fair enough - 24 goals in 80 starts then - 3.33 starts per goal. That's the best I can do. He's still no Chris Martin!

Archived