Under 21s & Academy 15/16

cheron85

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully we'll beat Arsenal on Monday and go up as Champions. If not, we'll go into the play-offs. The semi finals are just single leg ties, with the higher finishing team being drawn at home. The final is also played at the home stadium of the higher finishing team. So there would be a good chance of the U21 play-off final being at the iPro. 

I would dearly love the club and the fans to really get behind this if it happens. What would be perfect is if we could get a higher gate than one of Forests senior matches.

13 minutes ago, Rampage said:

We must have three first team squad players on the bench at least. This is a must win game.Hughes, Buxton and Blackman to start? Maybe it is just three players from first team in the squad not the team that is allowed.

It's three over-age players, I believe. Hughes wouldn't count - he's an U-21 by age, of course.

3 minutes ago, eddie said:

It's three over-age players, I believe. Hughes wouldn't count - he's an U-21 by age, of course.

Indeed, you're allowed to outfield 3 players over the age of 21, plus the goalkeeper who can also be over 21. 

Hughes would not count against this, so if they really wanted to go all out they could put Hughes + 3 other first team players in the squad. I doubt they will though. 

4 minutes ago, eddie said:

I am very excited about this game. We would probably have been promoted last season if we had beaten Reading at home, but we did not take advantage of the three over-age player rule. I agree with sage that a win here could have a very positive knock on effect on the first team.

I have just been watching the  Hull game on Ramsplayer. If we can maintain that quality then we will be promoted.

I will be at the U21 game on monday. I will be wearing a three quarter length black leather coat and a brown leather brimmed hat if anyone from on here wants to say hello. I will be looking for a seat near the half way line. I look like Robert Redford, especially in the distance. :D COYU21R

25 minutes ago, Rampage said:

I will be at the U21 game on monday. I will be wearing a three quarter length black leather coat and a brown leather brimmed hat if anyone from on here wants to say hello. I will be looking for a seat near the half way line. I look like Robert Redford, especially in the distance. :D COYU21R

Will you have sun glasses and a briefcase?

mhzxCaoax-K0SON2oF0S5-Q.jpg

3 hours ago, rynny said:

Will you have sun glasses and a briefcase?

mhzxCaoax-K0SON2oF0S5-Q.jpg

Add four stone and you have me there, rynny. Sunglasses can be arranged. Brief case is not my style. I have enough panache, style and verve, not withstanding some va va voom to deem the brief case superfluous to requirements at this level.:ermm:

3 hours ago, tinman said:

Let the kids play. If they're good enough, they'll win and deserve to up. They need to be tested under pressure  

What at does it tell the players who you want dropped? 

It will tell them that we want them to be playing Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea etc next season at all costs, tinman.

Also Arsenal could turn up with a few ringers and catch us ion the hop. if they do, we will look very ametoorish.

This is not the Derby Way.The Derby Way is like the Milky Way but has less bright stars.

The Prize:-

We could be playing ten of these teams next year plus probably Arsenal 

1  Sunderland U21

2  Man Utd U21

3  Man City U21

4  Everton U21

5  Reading U21

6  Chelsea U21

7  Liverpool U21

8  Spurs U21

9  Southampton U21

10  Middlesbrough U21

11  Leicester U21

12  Norwich U21

1 hour ago, Rampage said:

It will tell them that we want them to be playing Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea etc next season at all costs, tinman.

Also Arsenal could turn up with a few ringers and catch us ion the hop. if they do, we will look very ametoorish.

This is not the Derby Way.The Derby Way is like the Milky Way but has less bright stars.

Wilshire, Rosicky and Gnabry all start tonight, I think

Arsenal winning 1-0 after 7 minutes

2-0 after 9

Archived