Signed: Jacob Butterfield

Heisenberg

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For anyone who wants to listen to Powell's words on Butterfield and Derby yesterday, go to 6:30 on here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p030fdkj

Would be worrying if I was a Huddersfield fan listening to that.

Powell seems all but resigned to losing him, it certainly wouldn't shock me if there was a verbal agreement already in place and he signed next week, certainly in time for the Leeds game.

Powell seems all but resigned to losing him, it certainly wouldn't shock me if there was a verbal agreement already in place and he signed next week, certainly in time for the Leeds game.

Hopefully. Don't want to leave it until after the Leeds game with it being so close to the end of the window. They could milk much more money out of Mel than necessary 

Powell seems all but resigned to losing him, it certainly wouldn't shock me if there was a verbal agreement already in place....

i think you are reading a bit too much into that.

at present we haven't had a bid accepted.

It will only change if the player decides he wants to leave - which is why Chris Powell is keeping a close eye on him - or Derby get an improved bid accepted. the agents will certainly be pushing for it and their chairman is a financial realist who could be tempted by a decent fee.

agree with Heisenberg, it sounded like its going to happen

. A Mate of mine is a terrier and told me how pivotal he is for the team so would want a ''good 5m'. 

I thought that was steep but i compared it to chris martin, he is pretty much pivotal to Derby by most peoples views on here so you would demand more then what they are actually worth i suppose.

Thanks for posting that link @Cam the Ram

I'm not sure what Powell means by "I'd like them to conduct their business better"

It's not as if we've offered peanuts for him, if the rumour about a 5m bid for him is true. They could easily replace him with a league one player for that amount of money.

Love Powell, he's one of my all time favourite ex Rams, but he's kind of lost me a little here.

Thanks for posting that link @Cam the Ram

I'm not sure what Powell means by "I'd like them to conduct their business better"

It's not as if we've offered peanuts for him, if the rumour about a 5m bid for him is true. They could easily replace him with a league one player for that amount of money.

Love Powell, he's one of my all time favourite ex Rams, but he's kind of lost me a little here.

I presume he means we spoke about wages with Butterfield or his agent without asking permission from the club.

progressing well and we hope they are available for the next game, against Leeds," said Clement.

"Hanson is the most advanced, followed by Hendrick and then Bryson but they all do have a chance of making the squad for Leeds.

"Even if they are available, we still need another midfielder."

Derby have a number of targets, including Huddersfield Town's Jacob Butterfield and Brighton & Hove Albion's Dale Stephens.

Huddersfield and Brighton say bids from Derby have been rejected.

The Rams have also had a significant bid for Nottingham Forest attacker Michail Antonio knocked back.

Clement will not be drawn on Derby's targets.

"The priority is a midfielder," he said when asked if a deal for Antonio was any closer.

He added: "I cannot say we are close or not close with any of the players. When the players are signed, that is when they are in.

"All I can say is we have targeted not one but a couple of good midfielders.

"Good midfielders – any good players – are hard to get because clubs want to keep hold of them.

"We are pushing hard and we hope something will be done soon to complement the already good squad we have got.

"Hopefully, that will happen this week."

My guess, and it is purely a guess, is that we're playing silly ******** behind the scenes because we know we're an attractive proposition.

On the surface, I think we run things the right way. However, I think we also know what buttons to press in order to give us a better chance at pulling off a deal. 

I don't get the whole idea that bidding for a player 24 hours before a game is unprofessional, though. I mean, when else are we meant to bid for them now? Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday... 

Apparently, we aren't allowed to make any bids for players on days that end a Y.

Archived