Your top five metal bands

Gypsy Ram

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hawkwind.....absolute quality trip music & light show....I'd say neck & neck with the weirdly wonderful Gong.

Rage against the Machine....great music...

Metallica....heavily influenced by Punk Rock bands such as Discharge, Anti Nowhere League & GBH... so in...purely for their choice in influences... & their early stuff wasn't to bad either.

Slipknott....quality masks

Led Zep....Top of the old school metal bands

Worked with them last week up in Gävle Eddie..took a superb photo too but I dont know how to post photos on here...heeelp.

Upload the photo to something like photobucket, save the URL, click 'quote' or 'reply', then click the 'Insert other media' tab, then 'insert image from URL', paste image URL in the box, click 'insert into post' then click 'submit reply'.

After checking my record shell, my list would be more like this...

Tool

Strapping Young Lad

Gojira

Led Zeppelin

Mustasch

Simply impossible to do this kind of listing. Some other day Korn, Dark Tranquility, Ghost, Deftones, Helmet, Katatonia, Kreator, Anthrax, Perfect Circle, Spineshank, Ministry, Moonspell, Type-O-Negative, Mötorhead, Slipknot, Stonegard, Kvelertak, Sepultura, Machine Head, Fear Factory, Diablo, Amorphis, Kiuas, Egokills, Turmion Kätilöt (those who like Rammstein should check it out!), Day Eleven etc etc. could've been included. And of course those which I mentioned earlier.

Upload the photo to something like photobucket, save the URL, click 'quote' or 'reply', then click the 'Insert other media' tab, then 'insert image from URL', paste image URL in the box, click 'insert into post' then click 'submit reply'.

Ermmm..that doesnt sound very complicated at all. 

Ermmm..that doesnt sound very complicated at all. 

It isn't really. Try it. Once you have the image hosted, it's a case of click, paste, wipe hands on pants. Alternatively, just nick the URL from its original site and paste that - but you then run the risk of the original 'disappearing' because people get fed up of others nicking their bandwidth.

Edit: you cracked it. Well done, now we can look forward to loads of great band pics.

It isn't really. Try it. Once you have the image hosted, it's a case of click, paste, wipe hands on pants. Alternatively, just nick the URL from its original site and paste that - but you then run the risk of the original 'disappearing' because people get fed up of others nicking their bandwidth.

Edit: you cracked it. Well done, now we can look forward to loads of great band pics.

Im on holiday now until Jan... will send you loads of Rugby World Cup photos instead....:blink:

• 5 months later...

Ghostlights by Avantasia (lead by Tobias Sammet from Edguy) is an incredible metal album.

Sure, it's got power-metal running through its veins, but there's a lot of variation, with plenty of other metal styles perfectly encompassed and some excellent guest vocal performances from...

Dee Snider (Twisted SIster) - Geoff Tate (Queensryche), Michael Kiske (Helloween), Bob Catley (Magnum), Jorn Lande (Masterplan), Ronnie Atkinss (Pretty Maids), Marco Hietala (Nightwish), Sharon Den Adel (Within Temptation), Herbie Langhans (Sinbreed)

Pretty much every review of it concludes that it's something special

Archived