Your top five metal bands

Gypsy Ram

So, enough being ostracized ... name your top 5 metal bands and why:

1. Metalica. Only up until and justice. They shaped metal core and what came after. 

2. Rage.  Missed the onlLondon show. But man they innovated and had a political message. 

3. Priest. Okay, there isn't a better band to do devils horns to.

4. Maiden. Met the guys twice as a journo in Dubai.  You can't get more metal, be down to earth and rock.

5. Protest the hero.  Well it's between them and between  (this will get confusing) between the buried and me. Just because they haven't sold out yet....

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ooo now this is a question that could take hours of thinking, but just quickly and in no particular order...

1. Sabaton - Loved em for nearly two years and not had a chance to see them, missed there last tour and didnt bother with Bloodstock. Touring again next year though!

2. Rammstein - Not had the chance to see them either, one of the bands that really got me into Metal with there amazing live shows

3. Skindred - Saw them play last year, fantastic live and going again later this year

4. Turisas - A smaller band, sort of Folk Metal kind of thing. Seen them play three times, always a great show

5. Lordi - The greatest Eurovision winners, seen them live twice. Second time was a tad dissapointing as the crowd was just not up for it.

Honourable mentions to; Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, A7X, Slipknot, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Killswitch Engage, Halestorm, Gwar, Ghost and Alestorm.

I could name even more bands as well but I dont have all day....

Skindred bowdown.gif.pagespeed.ce.PKqybR2Dbe.gif

1. Slipknot - Amazing live, such energy.
  2. Korn - Seen them several times, every time as good as the last and no difference between live and recorded which isnt always the case with live acts.
  3. SOiL - Another great live act, even with the changing lineup icon_biggrin.gif.pagespeed.ce.SRrNr1Hy0x
  4. Dragonforce - Amazing live and the guitar play 80x80xoof.png.pagespeed.ic.E8jch4hvcO.pn
  5. Trivium

Notable mentions: System of a Down, Bullet for My Valentine, In Flames, Killswitch Engage, Lacuna Coil, InMe

2. Korn - Seen them several times, every time as good as the last and no difference between live and recorded which isnt always the case with live acts.
  3. SOiL - Another great live act, even with the changing lineup icon_biggrin.gif.pagespeed.ce.SRrNr1Hy0x
  4. Dragonforce - Amazing live and the guitar play 80x80xoof.png.pagespeed.ic.E8jch4hvcO.pn
  5. Trivium

Notable mentions: System of a Down, Bullet for My Valentine, In Flames, Killswitch Engage, Lacuna Coil, InMe

I can't possibly order a top 5 but I do know InMe are at the top for me, and Slipknot second. My favourite bands change all the time but InMe have sat top of the pile for a number of years, if you can call them metal really... I don't know...

I suppose they were for Overgrown Eden and some of White Butterfly but since then its definitely drifted away from that heavier sound.

I took my uncle to see them at Manchester Uni after Overgrown Eden came out as he had taken me to see Korn and he wasnt expecting much, when walking out all he said was 'bloody hell they can make a lot of noise'.

Dave's side project seems to have had a big impact on the stuff InMe are producing these days.

This is from a 17 year old so it'll give you an idea who have stood the test of time, reasons are easy.

They aren't all thrash metal but metal none the less

Black Sabbath - Ozzy Iomi and Geezer

Led Zeppelin - John Bonham, JPJ, Robert Plant and Jimmy Page

Metallica - Cliff Burton, Robert Trujilo, Hammet, Hetfield, Ulrich

Motorhead - MR LEMMY KILLMISTER

Slipknot - Unique sound and loved them

I suppose they were for Overgrown Eden and some of White Butterfly but since then its definitely drifted away from that heavier sound.

I took my uncle to see them at Manchester Uni after Overgrown Eden came out as he had taken me to see Korn and he wasnt expecting much, when walking out all he said was 'bloody hell they can make a lot of noise'.

Dave's side project seems to have had a big impact on the stuff InMe are producing these days.

I do much prefer their new stuff to be honest, it's very melodic. The Pride and Trilogy: Dawn. I think Dave's solo career has taken a dive though, it was good at the start, now he's just recycling melodies and writing the same songs over and over.

Have you heard the other side project, Centiment? That's much 'metalier'. 3 members of InMe and 2 other members.

5. Trivium

Soil were excellent when they supported  Skindred, surprised by what you said about Dragonforce though. I've never really heard much good about there live shows?

Soil were excellent when they supported  Skindred, surprised by what you said about Dragonforce though. I've never really heard much good about there live shows?

Dragonforce were rubbish when I saw them at Download. And then they brought BabyMetal out... :huh:

Archived