Your top five metal bands

Gypsy Ram

On 14/08/2015 at 13:54, eddie said:

1. Judas Priest

2. Rammstein

3. Iron Maiden

4. Metallica (first 4 albums, although I'm quite taken by Death Magnetic too)

5. AC/DC

Six months on, I don't see any reason to change.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Ghostlights by Avantasia (lead by Tobias Sammet from Edguy) is an incredible metal album.

Sure, it's got power-metal running through its veins, but there's a lot of variation, with plenty of other metal styles perfectly encompassed and some excellent guest vocal performances from...

Dee Snider (Twisted SIster) - Geoff Tate (Queensryche), Michael Kiske (Helloween), Bob Catley (Magnum), Jorn Lande (Masterplan), Ronnie Atkinss (Pretty Maids), Marco Hietala (Nightwish), Sharon Den Adel (Within Temptation), Herbie Langhans (Sinbreed)

Pretty much every review of it concludes that it's something special

Going to have a listen to this now I have new ears.

45 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Obituary

Coroner

Napalm Death

Dismember

Lawnmower Death

Misspelt Lawnmower Deth..... cannot take seriously....

Five Finger Death Punch - I have been listening their Righteous side of Heaven album for 8 months, still kicking ass. 

Disturbed 

Metallica

Slipknot

Static-x

Honorouble mentions: Korn, Machinehead, Kid Rock (is that really metal?), Papa Roach, SOAD

On 14 August 2015 at 15:21, RicME85 said:

Should see my Spotify playlist for the car, when it is on random it switches from the likes of Slipknot to The Verve to Lisa Stansfield, Ace of Base, The Bangles and Frankie Goes to Hollywood king.gif.pagespeed.ce.p3_G0OCVmK.gif

Hang on how do you get Spotify on random, in the car?

should play randomly.

I found that when I added loads of stuff to the playlist via my phone it kind broke the app and went from being random to playing everything in the order it was added. To fix it I had to log out of the app and clear the cache. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived