Lee Grant

IoW Derby

Tough for Grant, he'll be back. Carson for now, that's why we've got a squad. If he gets his head down in training, start to believe in himself a bit more, then he'll be ready if called upon.

I think he's better than Carson myself but not right now he's not. Hope to see him back to his best soon.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grant did make some good stops after the clanger but i still can't understand what he was trying to do -it was as though he was looking to scoop the ball away and reminded me of beach volleyball!

He's handed the gloves to Carson on a plate who must now be regarded as our No.1 keeper, which doesn't exactly inspire confidence. Not sure what lies ahead for Grant for the rest of this season - if his poor form is down to a major loss of confidence he's not likely to get it back sitting on the bench I would have thought?

not angy at anyone  ...  just stipulating  that whilst Grant was injured  -  he shouldnt have played  ..  and his confidence  is at its lowest   he was no world beater  during his first spell  at Derby  ,   But  will give credit   that on his return   he excelled  ...  but not been the same since March 

are the multiple dots in your posts gaps for us to fill in?

I get the criticism of Grant, as he was poor.

HOWEVER, I don't get the comments like 'hopefully the end of his Derby career'.

I might be on my own, but I personnally HOPE he gets back to being the keeper he was when we played Brighton in the playoff semi final at their place. 

I don't hope that his poor form continues just so he doesn't play again. 

Funny that. 

What you fail to appreciate is that here, on DCFCFans, being right is everything so far as some people are concerned. Some of those who do not rate Grant will be delighted if he makes further mistakes and eventually disappears without trace, because it will back up their opinion of him.

It's because of such people that I created the term 'half-fan', and my contempt for them grows daily.

It's mine as well.

Just because you keep shouting and repeating your point aggressively, you AND the other fella who keeps swearing for no reason.

Calm down sunshine, you're making yourself look foolish.

i cant help how people misconstrue my opinions  ,  regarding anglo saxonism  , im only in control of mine  and not others   oh i assure you im calm  :D

Unfortunate for Grant, he is a decent goalkeeper on the whole but with Carson in now and with that mistake last night, he will have to now bide his time before winning the number one shirt he wears back. Carson will not be shifted until he makes some telling errors, hopefully he doesn't. Not because I don't want Grant coming back in, he is a very capable goalkeeper and mistakes are what they are, mistakes. (See cech for example against west ham) but because I never want to see Derby concede ever again!!!!!!!

Grant just needs to find a way to better his decision making, hopefully a period of time out of the limelight now will do him the world of good.

Kinell, all Sage said was Grant was playing injured last season. 

Give it another page and Sage will have personally caused the injury and blackmailed McClaren to play him and then fixed up a bogus medical report for last night to claim he was injured.

Some threads should have paracetamol included

Very nice to wish he doesn't play for Derby again too. 

I think you'll struggle to find anyone that rates Hendrick lower than me among Derby fans. I don't think hes poor. I just don't think he's good. Not anymore. A lot of promise but he's just not improving imo. A bit bigger and stronger, that's it.

But I hope he goes on to win POTY and is the Championships superstar midfielder of the season. 

Funny how people change when in a crowd or behind a keyboard or steering wheel. I'm sure after half hour in the company of Lee Grant you'd be routing for him to sort his sh1te out. 

Carson will be number 1 now for a bit at least 

Archived