Lee Grant

IoW Derby

Grant had one lapse of concentration where he made the wrong decision. 

Many other players made similarly bad decisions during the same game, however it is always more likely that a goalkeeper will see their mistake prove more costly.

Part and parcel of the game - nothing to worry about.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grant was in the velodrome tonight with his mrs, and delap and his family.

I wonder if he will be on the bench tomorrow.

Was great to see Wiggins, Clancy, Trott, Rowsell, Varnish, Reade and all the rest of our Olympians in Derby tonight.

I would have thought Grant would have been on his bike all the stick he keeps getting. Get a grip you guys, he's a championship goalkeeper, in a championship side, not some internationally renowned heart surgeon where a mistake might really matter.

I would have thought Grant would have been on his bike all the stick he keeps getting. Get a grip you guys, he's a championship goalkeeper, in a championship side, not some internationally renowned heart surgeon where a mistake might really matter.

when you get paid to stop the ball going in the net and you directly contribute to it going in the net way more than your average equivalent, I think you're entitled to some criticism. 

I get the criticism of Grant, as he was poor.

HOWEVER, I don't get the comments like 'hopefully the end of his Derby career'.

I might be on my own, but I personnally HOPE he gets back to being the keeper he was when we played Brighton in the playoff semi final at their place. 

I don't hope that his poor form continues just so he doesn't play again. 

Funny that. 

Surely when people say they hope it's the end of his Derby career, it's because they think if he plays again he'll play poorly, not because they hope that happens. Maybe I'm wrong but I'd imagine they'd also wish that he could get back to being the player he was during the playoffs, but his continuous mistakes of the last 6 months have led to them having little hope of that actually happening. Hope probably isn't the right word, but I can understand some not wanting him in goal again.

It's like when Clough was manager, I wanted him to succeed and get us promoted, but I had little belief that that was going to be possible so hoped he'd get sacked.

On Grant, it seems to me like his confidence has totally gone and he's afraid of making a mistake. Would he have pushed the header away/around the post if the mistake against Villarreal hadn't happened? Carson should be number 1 for the time being in my opinion.

I find myself unsure about Lee Grant.  The couple of mistakes aside, I think he has every single attribute to be a key part of our senior player core - leadership, likability, passion, energy but ultimately if Carson is consistently keeping the ball out of the net there is only one choice. 

god forbid!

can you imagine.

granty drops the heart and then treads on it.

Archived