Lee Grant

IoW Derby

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't realise blind people read caps lock writing better. 

Perhaps (in caps lock) or otherwise point out where I said i agree that he should have played despite being injured.

If you can I'll apologise and obviously vice versa.

in your scinario BLIND PEOPLE DO .....   your changeing subject  ...   you stipulated Grant was injured  ...  youve already  disagreed  with other posters pertaining GRANT   I ENVISAGE ITS YOUR  raison d'être   to try and correct anyone whom as an opinion   ....   wouldnt want your apology 

It's not sage's logic, it's the previous management's logic. Unless sage is secretly Schteve? We played Grant injured last season - accept it.

You're doing yourself no favours with the caps lock mate. It doesn't make you look any more in the right - quite the opposite, in fact.

thats your opinion 

in your scinario BLIND PEOPLE DO .....   your changeing subject  ...   you stipulated Grant was injured  ...  youve already  disagreed  with ther posters pertaining GRANT   I ENVISAGE ITS YOUR  raison d'être   to try and correct anyone whom as an opinion   ....   wouldnt want your apology 

How am I changing the subject? You said I have a 'logic of playing injured players' then started listing more injured players.

All i said was that Grant was injured but carried on playing. I never said this was a good thing.   

Pointing that out after you implying I think it's a good idea is only logical and reasonable. 

How am I changing the subject? You said I have a 'logic of playing injured players' then started listing more injured players.

All i said was that Grant was injured but carried on playing. I never said this was a good thing.   

any player whom is injured shouldnt  play   fact   .....   but can only reiterate   anyone whom as had an opinion  on Grant  being poor  ...you  wanted to  stake your case    some what like you didnt want Grant  to be slated  

any player whom is injured shouldnt  play   fact   .....   but can only reiterate   anyone whom as had an opinion  on Grant  being poor  ...you  wanted to  stake your case    some what like you didnt want Grant  to be slated  

My point is the injury affected his form. Therefore the argument should be... should he have been picked when injured rather than...remember how rubbish he was.

My mid season virtually every player is carrying a knock or strain of some sort. It's just a calculation whether a 80% first choice is better than a 95% fit second choice. As Roos didn't get a game, we'll never know.

thats your opinion 

What's my opinion?

I'm willing to accept Grant is injured, because I don't believe Mel Morris would lie about that. If you want me to agree with you that we shouldn't have played him injured, then of course I'm with you. That's now what the debate is about though.

As for the caps lock/shouting - have you ever seen anybody intelligent argue in that manner? It just makes you sound like you're losing the argument, even if you're not. You can't shout your way into being right.

What's my opinion?

I'm willing to accept Grant is injured, because I don't believe Mel Morris would lie about that. If you want me to agree with you that we shouldn't have played him injured, then of course I'm with you. That's now what the debate is about though.

As for the caps lock/shouting - have you ever seen anybody intelligent argue in that manner? It just makes you sound like you're losing the argument, even if you're not. You can't shout your way into being right.

thats your opinion   ..i  dont think you have to stick up for Sage  , im sure hes big enough himself  ...   lose an arguement  ....   win some lose some  ..i wont lose any sleep  

thats your opinion   ..i  dont think you have to stick up for Sage  , im sure hes big enough himself  ...   lose an arguement  ....   win some lose some  ..i wont lose any sleep  

Not really sticking up for sage, I don't actually agree with him that Grant isn't low on confidence. Just I don't get why you seem to be angry at him for us playing him injured last season? As if it's his fault we did that?

Not really sticking up for sage, I don't actually agree with him that Grant isn't low on confidence. Just I don't get why you seem to be angry at him for us playing him injured last season? As if it's his fault we did that?

not angy at anyone  ...  just stipulating  that whilst Grant was injured  -  he shouldnt have played  ..  and his confidence  is at its lowest   he was no world beater  during his first spell  at Derby  ,   But  will give credit   that on his return   he excelled  ...  but not been the same since March 

He wasn't all mistakes and flapping. Made a few decent stops.one double from one of their players who fozzie completely lost.another when a player waltzed through our powder-puff non-existent tackling dms just outside our area.

The bigger picture surely is whether the team back themselves to be able to collectively come back from a mishap /mistake that leads us to concede. 

Having done so last night we let it go again which was nothing to do with Lee. 

Tell you what shackell looked incandescent last night. He's probably thinking "what's going on here"

I feel for Granty, I imagine he knows he blew his chance last night. Despite a couple of very good saves, including an excellent double stop shortly after their first, the reality is his mistake went a long way to costing us the game and these things stick in the mind. 

I fancy he'll get another chance at some stage as I think Carson is similarly liable to make unforced errors, so he's just got to keep plugging away.

I don't see a one off mistake (in this game) as a loss of confidence. Trying to catch that header was over confidence if anything.

Trying to catch a header? It wasn't powerful, it wasn't far from him, it wasn't high & it wasn't low. I'd be disappointed if he did anything but catch it.

Look at how he tried to catch the ball, I trained with an ex professional goalkeeper for about 7 years. The very first thing you're taught is the 'W' shape with your thumbs and index fingers which stops the ball slipping through your fingers like that. Doing even the most basic things wrong does suggest a lack of confidence to me.

I supported Grant after last season and I was eager to see how he would react to the introduction of Carson.

That mistake was inexcusable and Clement wont give him a pat on the back and let him have another go he will put Carson as number 1. A few good performances from Carson and I don't think Grant will get another game.

Pascals face painted a picture, don't think hell be very supportive, sunday league error from Grant

I supported Grant after last season and I was eager to see how he would react to the introduction of Carson.

That mistake was inexcusable and Clement wont give him a pat on the back and let him have another go he will put Carson as number 1. A few good performances from Carson and I don't think Grant will get another game.

Pascals face painted a picture, don't think hell be very supportive, sunday league error from Grant

Not sure you have a good grasp on coaching per the 'supportive' comments, but I agree Carson will have to really screw up or get injured for Grant to play.

It was a strange one for Grant, almost every goalkeeper would just palm that away to the side, I was a goalkeeper when I was young (coached by Eric Steele over the course of a whole week when I was like 8, don'tcha know) and GKs are told not to even attempt catching balls like that because what happens to Grant happens a lot more often than you'd think. 

Suggests his mind's not really in it. Grant's biggest positive is shot stopping, he has weaknesses in the other elements of his game. If he can't stop shots he's not much good to us at all. 

Not sure you have a good grasp on coaching per the 'supportive' comments, but I agree Carson will have to really screw up or get injured for Grant to play.

It was a strange one for Grant, almost every goalkeeper would just palm that away to the side, I was a goalkeeper when I was young (coached by Eric Steele over the course of a whole week when I was like 8, don'tcha know) and GKs are told not to even attempt catching balls like that because what happens to Grant happens a lot more often than you'd think. 

Suggests his mind's not really in it. Grant's biggest positive is shot stopping, he has weaknesses in the other elements of his game. If he can't stop shots he's not much good to us at all. 

By the coaching comment I was basically saying I doubt pascal will sweep it under the rug, he will have words for sure.

Don't have a clue what he was trying to do, palm it to the side or get your body behind it not try and catch thin air...

Get back into it fella, Derby need you

I get the criticism of Grant, as he was poor.

HOWEVER, I don't get the comments like 'hopefully the end of his Derby career'.

I might be on my own, but I personnally HOPE he gets back to being the keeper he was when we played Brighton in the playoff semi final at their place. 

I don't hope that his poor form continues just so he doesn't play again. 

Funny that. 

About normal performance from him, why to go mental about it?

Managed to save all four shots which came straight at him (and did save those pretty well too) and one weak header went through his hands. Just basic Grant, nothing new.

Archived