Burton (Something) v Derby County

i-Ram

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think he will look at the Shackell,Pearce partnership judging by the way he was shaking his head at some of Keogh's usual chance taking on Wednesday.

Well spotted Beagle. I was also shaking my head.. Keogh does not need to go on most of his forays forward. He should concentrate on keeping clean sheets and being in position. When Shackell plays, he will tell Keogh what to do if he gets the Captains arm band. Most of the silly goals will disappear and Pearce could get Keogh's place simply by doing the simple, obvious things very well. It is time to get the basics of defending sorted out.

Think he will want to take a look at Dawkins as well,

so could be going by game time,

Carson

Christie

Keogh 

Shackell

Forsythe

Baird

Bryson

Dawkins

Ince

Russell

Bent

A likely eleven. Although I am not entirely convinced that we will beat the rather crafty Mr Hassalbaink with that team.

You saw exactly what I did whiteroseram and I am inclined to that point of view to.As once in the first half Pearce pumped the ball into the east stand when unsure of what was around him only for Keogh to have a go at him for not playing it to the wing.Then saw Baird relay a message from Clement to tell him to button it so it seemed as he backed off.

Before anyone else mentions it I thought keogh had a decent game apart from the few heart in the mouth instances he gives you every game.

The heart in the mouth moments are what we need to get rid of quickly.

Do you think we will get to see any of the younger ones tomorrow (apart from Hanson)? 

Unlikely. There was an U-21 game today against Southampton.

Hopefully keogh wasn't told to shut it.....he played well.....the only mistake in the back four was when Pearce played a short pass that no chance of reaching keogh and keogh rescued it.

Hopefully keogh wasn't told to shut it.....he played well.....the only mistake in the back four was when Pearce played a short pass that no chance of reaching keogh and keogh rescued it.

If keogh had played that pass that short like Pearce did, there would be an uprising of grave proportions 

So, will we use "Plan C" at Burton? 4231?

Carson

Sswankambo Shotton Shackell Forsyth

Thorne Hanson

Russell Dawkins Weimann

Bent

...ish? Picked on giving people minutes.

If keogh had played that pass that short like Pearce did, there would be an uprising of grave proportions 

Not a great deal worse than the pass Keogh made just before their goal (after a good block) that was  weak and equidistant to both Baird and Hendrick (who switched off for a second) but not their attacking player. You can see it working in another game, but in this instance putting it out of play would have been preferable.

Keogh was very good overall though.

Archived