Burton (Something) v Derby County

i-Ram

I guess, as nobody else can seem to be arsed, and the lads didn't lose against the Dago XI, I am fully entitled to start the next game thread, and therefore nobody, and I mean NOBODY, get in my way of starting the Bolton fixture.

Saturday 1 August: 15.00 - the mighty Rams take on The Brewers, who in 12 months could be our most competitive local rivals (shut up Leicester!).

interesting fact. Burton is 193 miles from Brighton. I ain't going.

COYR!!!

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess, as nobody else can seem to be arsed, and the lads didn't lose against the Dago XI, I am fully entitled to start the next game thread, and therefore nobody, and I mean NOBODY, get in my way of starting the Bolton fixture.

Saturday 1 August: 15.00 - the mighty Rams take on The Brewers, who in 12 months could be our most competitive local rivals (shut up Leicester!).

interesting fact. Burton is 193 miles from Brighton. I ain't going.

COYR!!!

Bi-fan

Bi-fan

Funny you should say that Sage, but my life revolves around developing Business Intelligence.  I am constantly looking for new opportunities with a view to implementing effective strategies so I can provide businesses with a competitive market advantage and long-term stability. If anybody is interested in BI opportunities please PM me.

Funny you should say that Sage, but my life revolves around developing Business Intelligence.  I am constantly looking for new opportunities with a view to implementing effective strategies so I can provide businesses with a competitive market advantage and long-term stability. If anybody is interested in BI opportunities please PM me.

Boycie has rung me about this and i think he is bi-curious 

It's that magic time of the year where I actually give a flying fook about our "friends" Burton Albion.

I'd imagine there will be a lot of sex and Radio Derby will have to fill the hour it usually spends waffling on about Burton v Staines with another boring non local club. Possibly FC Leamington Spa. 

They'll win. 

It's that magic time of the year where I actually give a flying fook about our "friends" Burton Albion.

I'd imagine there will be a lot of sex and Radio Derby will have to fill the hour it usually spends waffling on about Burton v Staines with another boring non local club. Possibly FC Leamington Spa. 

They'll win. 

I don't think I've ever listened to the Derby Burton match. Do the commentators from each team get together for a Radio Derby 'supergroup' type of thing?

think this will be another good workout for the team , think he will look at the keogh shackell partnership as i feel this will be the one he starts the season with , most shirts filled for bolton , just bryson or hendrick and warnock or forsyth to decide on for me

I don't think I've ever listened to the Derby Burton match. Do the commentators from each team get together for a Radio Derby 'supergroup' type of thing?

It's annoying.

"You're the best"

"No, you are"

"oh stop it"

"No, you really are"

"I think you're the best though"

"Really?"

"Yeah, I love hearing from you all the time"

"even though we have our MW seperate frequency"

"Yeah. Because you're our bestest friend"

"Oh, you're the best"

"No, you are"

.... etc etc.

think this will be another good workout for the team , think he will look at the keogh shackell partnership as i feel this will be the one he starts the season with , most shirts filled for bolton , just bryson or hendrick and warnock or forsyth to decide on for me

Think he will look at the Shackell,Pearce partnership judging by the way he was shaking his head at some of Keogh's usual chance taking on Wednesday.

It's annoying.

"You're the best"

"No, you are"

"oh stop it"

"No, you really are"

"I think you're the best though"

"Really?"

"Yeah, I love hearing from you all the time"

"even though we have our MW seperate frequency"

"Yeah. Because you're our bestest friend"

"Oh, you're the best"

"No, you are"

.... etc etc.

Oh dear. Obviously Ramage is the best anyway.

Think he will look at the Shackell,Pearce partnership judging by the way he was shaking his head at some of Keogh's usual chance taking on Wednesday.

Keogh played extremely well on Wednesday. If Clement was shaking his head at Keogh against Villareal, I'm more concerned by Clement than Keogh.

Keogh played extremely well on Wednesday. If Clement was shaking his head at Keogh against Villareal, I'm more concerned by Clement than Keogh.

More likely he was shaking his head at the lack of options when Keogh had the ball, which is the root cause of his "chance-taking"...you might argue.

He shook his head when keogh gave ball away leading to the warnock foul and when keogh turned a player when he was the last man (successfully mind). 

This isn't a criticism of keogh from me just an observation that PC might not be a fan of a CB who takes risks on the ball

He was shaking his head at the half fans.

He shook his head when keogh gave ball away leading to the warnock foul and when keogh turned a player when he was the last man (successfully mind). 

This isn't a criticism of keogh from me just an observation that PC might not be a fan of a CB who takes risks on the ball

You saw exactly what I did whiteroseram and I am inclined to that point of view to.As once in the first half Pearce pumped the ball into the east stand when unsure of what was around him only for Keogh to have a go at him for not playing it to the wing.Then saw Baird relay a message from Clement to tell him to button it so it seemed as he backed off.

Before anyone else mentions it I thought keogh had a decent game apart from the few heart in the mouth instances he gives you every game.

You saw exactly what I did whiteroseram and I am inclined to that point of view to.As once in the first half Pearce pumped the ball into the east stand when unsure of what was around him only for Keogh to have a go at him for not playing it to the wing.Then saw Baird relay a message from Clement to tell him to button it so it seemed as he backed off.

Before anyone else mentions it I thought keogh had a decent game apart from the few heart in the mouth instances he gives you every game.

In that case, I hope Keogh asked Clement at half time how many Player of the Season awards he'd won during his playing career.:ph34r:

It should be interesting to see who plays against Burton Albion who also played against Villareal. There have have been some fantastic posts on here recently, including tactics and match reports. I had no idea how football qualified some people were on here and the writing talent and experience that some posters have. I would personally like to see a thread just for very serious match reports and excellent tactical discussions. I know that this is not going to happen but it would be good to have all the full match reports together and the serious tactical discussions on those games bundled together. More people should tackle full match reporting. I like reading long posts. a lot of newspaper reporting is not as good as some people on here. I have learnt quite a lot about tactics and formations recently so we should keep developing this and become a nationally rated Forum, if we are not one already..

Yeah I thought I might have seen Baird relaying a couple of messages along the lines of button it to Keogh but I'm not 100% sure thats what it was

Archived