Least/most impressive player in pre season so far?

Sam_DCFC_1994

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me no clickee linky. Prefer my memory to be hazy on such matters.

It was horrific 

We were hard done by though at Wolves as we scored a goal and the ref brought it back for a free kick and th Wlolves player escaped a sending off as last man. 

Maybe you can tell me who the Wolves player was. 

Fab: Thorne, just to have him back playing

Fail: Bent, seems to have the hump and doing himself no favours

As for the LB position, Forsyth every time for me. Warnock did what a LB should do last night, no more no less. He played well enough. Someone described him as exceptional on another thread, which is surely just a wind up. 'Was better than he has been' would be a more accurate description. 

Not exactly a wind-up (for it was me) - but it's interesting that it got a hell of a lot more 'likes' than your comment, therefore quite a few more people seemed to agree with my assessment than yours.

NTTAWWT.

Anyone remember when Forsyth signed???

He was a freebie

He was a LM and 6"6, played a few games and was shaky

He has come on leaps and bounds since then, yes he has had some shaky games but he is still learning. He is by far good enough to get us promotion, on his day, the greatest LB in the Championship

Not exactly a wind-up (for it was me) - but it's interesting that it got a hell of a lot more 'likes' than your comment, therefore quite a few more people seemed to agree with my assessment than yours.

NTTAWWT.

I knew it was you Eddie and was just wondering whether you'd bite. Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose. I've missed you.

ps what does that row of capital letters stand for?

He isn't a much better defender and his distribution is bloody awful. 

Forsyth is a marauding wing back who makes lots of mistakes .

Forsyth gets forward yes but without any end product and often makes square and back passes to the opposition IMO 

Can you tell me any outstanding moments in Forsyths career at Derby. 

Oh the issue .

You are forgetting how good Villareal are on the ball and the odd mistimed tackle against them is understandable. 

Not read ahead to see any responses but compelled to comment, 2013/2014 he was excellent all season. Whipped some deadly crosses into the box when going forward as well. Also I know people don't enjoy stats all that often, but statistically he is one of the soundest left backs in the division, particularly in the air. 

Last season he was guilty of losing confidence and prone to an error or two a game, but let's face it our whole team had that issue at one point or another last season. 

NTTAWWT.

Think that's mainly people enjoying a Derby player proving the doubters and nay-sayers wrong, I probably liked it myself. I'm pleased Warnock had a good game last night, for some reason it takes a lot of good games for people to change their negative opinion, but only a couple of bad performances to cement their misguided opinion. 

For what it's worth though I'm still a fan of Forsyth, and would like to see him starting ahead of Warnock. However the competition in that position can only be good for both. 

Darren Bent may be wondering why he is not starting games but he needs to get stuck in a bit more. He will come good but he will have to impress Clement with his effort first.I am not quite sure about Forsyth, whether he has recovered from last season. We need an unbeaten start of about five matches to the season to convince other teams to change their expectations of beating us.

This sort of stuff annoys me.

It's only pre-season and other than gaining match fitness and getting the squad gelling and all knowing their roles it doesn't matter.

Granted i'm not as much of a superfan as some on here and i've only seen Hughes' goal against Utrecht and 70 minutes last night but most opinions on pre-season here can't be based on much personal viewing.

So in light of that, making judgements of the players is pointless and ill-informed and only serves to mark certain players out as scapegoats/golden boys for the season ahead.

Darren Bent is a fantastic striker at this level, would walk into any team without a Chris Martin shaped wardrobe infront of him. Yet here he's marked down as lazy, didn't try, doesn't run enough, offside too often... he's a striker who plays on the shoulder of the last man. His job is not to run around like Tito Villa, his job is not to hold the ball up and play others in like Chris Martin. His job is to race onto through balls. In doing this he will be caught offside 3 times out of 4. It goes with the territory. That's how you get goals in the Premier League. But yes his penalty last night was rubbish.

With Warnock I feel like a lot of his criticism is coming from people who can't see past the way he 'cost us the FA Cup' by getting sent off against Reading. Forsyth is good, but for the second half of last year he was awful in possession, constantly gave it away and got shuffled around the back 4 by McClaren so I can see why Clement is giving Warnock a go, barring 5 minutes last night he didn't put a foot wrong and we looked solid against a good attacking team.

Of course if Bent goes 15 games without a goal and Warnock gets sent off 4 times in 4 starts they'll deserve some criticism but it's not going to happen. Some of the ratings I've seen were harsher than was deserved by our players after the bleakest of Nigel Clough away days.

We're finding our feet, we're playing some good football and sorting out our starting 11. All is well. Enjoy it. 

It was horrific 

We were hard done by though at Wolves as we scored a goal and the ref brought it back for a free kick and th Wlolves player escaped a sending off as last man. 

Maybe you can tell me who the Wolves player was. 

Danny Batth wasn't it, off top of my head?

I knew it was you Eddie and was just wondering whether you'd bite. Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose. I've missed you.

ps what does that row of capital letters stand for?

"Not That There's Anything Wrong With That"

The Weimann finish was very coolly taken, Hector like , many players would have blasted the ball and hoped for the best not him he coolly placed it in , could even be O,Hare like if you want.

Think you're harsh on Hector there, he would have buried that first time.

In fact he probably would have got a hat-trick last night with the opportunities we were presented with.

Excellent ta. 

I was a little worried you were having a stroke.

However, I now feel I'm getting down with the kids so it's a double bonus.

Good for you - although I'm in my 60s so you will probably have to refer to my mental age.

Archived