Least/most impressive player in pre season so far?

Sam_DCFC_1994

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think that's mainly people enjoying a Derby player proving the doubters and nay-sayers wrong, I probably liked it myself. I'm pleased Warnock had a good game last night, for some reason it takes a lot of good games for people to change their negative opinion, but only a couple of bad performances to cement their misguided opinion. 

For what it's worth though I'm still a fan of Forsyth, and would like to see him starting ahead of Warnock. However the competition in that position can only be good for both. 

Situation is the same with Keogh. He can have 1 bad game in 10 impressive performances and people would be going wild - in a bad way.

That's kind of younger than I had you down for, so please accept the compliment as it was intended. 

Sometimes I surprise myself that I'm still alive.

Situation is the same with Keogh. He can have 1 bad game in 10 impressive performances and people would be going wild - in a bad way.

keogh had a very solid game last night, read the game well, defended well made some very good blocks after all this 1 clearence cannoned into a Villarreal player and the guy behind me laughed and said "keoghs **** haha" dumbfounded.

I wonder whether the nature of pre-season friendlies affects how Bent performs in them. His effectiveness is largely down to the form and talent of those behind him, and a team never plays well because of Darren Bent. The slower pace and rustiness in the final third which comes with the territory in pre-season really can't suit him at all.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think he's been at the races when I've seen him so far, but I also don't think he was ever going to look a world beater in these games.

Give Bent the ball in the penalty box and more often than not he will do what comes naturally to him, that is put it in the net. I wonder iof Bent was expecting a starting spot on a regular basis.

Did that yesterday didn't we? Right in the middle of the penalty box. Had all the time in the world to finish it.

The Weimann finish was very coolly taken, Hector like , many players would have blasted the ball and hoped for the best not him he coolly placed it in , could even be O,Hare like if you want.

don't remember hector needing two chances very often ,but Weimann looks good for us

I suppose a more usefull way of looking at who has impressed or not is how they have performed compared to our expectation. 

From watching last night I thought Warnock (after a dodgy 1st 15mins or so) looked far better than I've seen him before in a Derby shirt so that was most impressive to me. Also Baird has surpassed what I expected of him, he's looking a great transfer. 

Although no one stands out to me as least impressive I'd say Grant, who hasn't yet got back to performing at the level we know he can, and Bent who hasn't really go into the games yet (although he often looks like he isn't in the game the pops up with a goal) 

He isn't a much better defender and his distribution is bloody awful. 

Forsyth is a marauding wing back who makes lots of mistakes .

Forsyth gets forward yes but without any end product and often makes square and back passes to the opposition IMO 

Can you tell me any outstanding moments in Forsyths career at Derby. 

Oh the issue .

You are forgetting how good Villareal are on the ball and the odd mistimed tackle against them is understandable. 

Forsyth is an exceptional Championship defender at LB. Nobody beats him for pace, power, strength or height. 

On the ball it's a different story. But if you're criticising his defending you are completely wrong

Forsyth is an exceptional Championship defender at LB. Nobody beats him for pace, power, strength or height. 

On the ball it's a different story. But if you're criticising his defending you are completely wrong

*cough*Wolves*cough*

*cough*Wolves*cough*

On the ball it's a different story. 

Plus if you're going to pick out 1, 2 or even 10 games in 70 then you'll probably win this argument and get a job on Sky where they'd be showing Warnock's worst bits last night including a terrible tackle where he got a Villarreal player, a Derby player and none of the ball all on our 18yrd box. 

I'm more of an "overall contribution guy". Forsyth has been defensively a beast of a LB for Derby and one of the best LB's for a while. 

Sure he's a mixed bag on the ball. You get some mean crosses out of him at his best and some God awful punts at his worst. But if he was more consistently good on the ball he wouldn't be playing for Derby in the Champ. 

And pick any game you like. Matches are lost at both ends of the pitch. As the Keogh haters seem to ignore when it comes to Wembley. It's said Derby County 0.

Archived