Least/most impressive player in pre season so far?

Sam_DCFC_1994

It's not just me who doesn't rate him. 

Rotherham away last season when we went 1-3 down the bloke next to me thought he was an awful player and wanted him sold and dropped .

Well if a random Derby moron said it in a fit of anger, it must be true. 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rotherham away last season when we went 1-3 down the bloke next to me thought he was an awful player and wanted him sold and dropped .

:lol: Brilliant.

For what it is worth: Forsyth is comfortably better than Warnock, that I have no doubts.

For me the most impressive so far is Baird, his reading of the game, positioning, grit and passing a joy to behold.  A massive player we have got there and seems a perfect captain.  Least impressive would be Bent, he really needs to roll up his socks now and get up to speed with the other lads.  Concerning the Forsyth - Warnock question, i think both can be very effective at lb, but two things i see in favor of Warnock, he needs less time on the ball and passes it well.  In a high tempo game i would choose him.  Forsyth can improve under Clement i am sure, needs to get himself accustomed to quicker decision making.

Macs first season in charge he was outstanding. Last season, he simply wasn't.

All the team were outstanding in Macs honeymoon period. 

Forsyth did play well then I agree but I'm talking about last season really. 

Maybe im just going on last season so I'm willing to see how it goes but to think he's nailed on in that position is silly. 

Lets see how he does at Burton if he plays . 

Only watched the game last night but here is my opinion (Highlighted the best)

Impressive - Hughes, Hendrick (Looked Sharp at times), Thorne, Keogh, Baird, Pearce, Weimann, Ince, Martin

Least Impressive - Bent (Not had the time to impact tbf) and Warnock (Not as good as Forsyth for me)

So you think Forsyth is a better defender?

Based on Warnock as a whole, his distribution isn't much better (than Forsyth last season). And it's not better than Forsyth at his best.

Whereas people's opinion about Warnock is clouded by his moment of recklessness against Reading in the cup, mine regarding Forsyth is perhaps clouded by calamities against Wolves.

Whereas people's opinion about Warnock is clouded by his moment of recklessness against Reading in the cup, mine regarding Forsyth is perhaps clouded by calamities against Wolves.

Him and Grant. 

I suppose we have to get over Wolves away. 

Fab: Thorne, just to have him back playing

Fail: Bent, seems to have the hump and doing himself no favours

As for the LB position, Forsyth every time for me. Warnock did what a LB should do last night, no more no less. He played well enough. Someone described him as exceptional on another thread, which is surely just a wind up. 'Was better than he has been' would be a more accurate description. 

Well if a random Derby moron said it in a fit of anger, it must be true. 

I wasn't angry - it was a measured rant.

Oh, wait....

Him and Grant. 

I suppose we have to get over Wolves away. 

Yep. I'll slice it, you punch it into the net, Lee.

Job done.

This is clearly crucial to the debate, Forsyth should be transfer listed immediately now this evidence is in the public domain.  

Are you listening PC?

Archived