Least/most impressive player in pre season so far?

Sam_DCFC_1994

forsyth Seems To Be Dividing The Fan Base Similar To Way keogh Does. Personally I Think It Isn't Called For. Yes He Makes The Odd Mistake But On His Day He's One Of The Best Left Backs In The League. People Seem To Forget That mcClaren Was Playing Him Out Of Position During The Last Few Games As Well, So Again Criticism Of Him At That Time Is Irrelevant Considering That He Was In A Team That Changed Every Game And In A Position Not Familiar To Him. Give Him A Break.  

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

forsyth Seems To Be Dividing The Fan Base Similar To Way keogh Does. Personally I Think It Isn't Called For. Yes He Makes The Odd Mistake But On His Day He's One Of The Best Left Backs In The League. People Seem To Forget That mcClaren Was Playing Him Out Of Position During The Last Few Games As Well, So Again Criticism Of Him At That Time Is Irrelevant Considering That He Was In A Team That Changed Every Game And In A Position Not Familiar To Him. Give Him A Break.  

I thought this post was acrostic at first glance!

Personally thought Warnock had his best game last night in a Derby shirt. Thorne, Hughes and Weimann were most impressive last night but over a number of games Russell and Hendrick have impressed me. Martin and Ince look as lively as normal.

I don't think anyone from what I have seen has had a particularly poor pre season. 

Ssewankambo has made a very good impression on me. Hope to see more of him this season.

Otherwise Baird and Wiemann have been excellent. Their Premiership experience is something that really shows and could be a huge difference for us this season.

Bent has disappointed me so far. I always knew he was a lazy goal poacher and a bit of a luxury player but I hope he's just warming up and hasn't decided to take an early retirement with us just yet.

Like to think that Bent has more ambition than to be left on the bench while others show their stuff.  If we go up, he will want to be able to say to himself at least that he had some part in it.  i think he's just been munching too many steaks this summer and needs a good slap on the back.  i trust Clement to sort him out.

Ssewankambo has made a very good impression on me. Hope to see more of him this season.

Otherwise Baird and Wiemann have been excellent. Their Premiership experience is something that really shows and could be a huge difference for us this season.

Have you been to all the friendlies? Sswankambo, has been ok and last night hardly touched the ball in his cameo. Was he impressive just because he is a big athlete? 

I think you will find Warnock was  responsible for breaking up play last night just before the quick free kick which resulted in the Wiemann goal. 

Warnick constantly broke up play and distributed the ball after good defending .

Question for you .

What is so good about Forsyth. 

I feel he's quicker would you not agree?

I agree that warnock did the basics argueably well yesterday, however 2-3 times he was simply too slow and massively outran, whether thats his age or just his legs it's not good enough, that game could of ended 3-0 to them and would we all be so supportive of him if instead of them hitting the post just before we score, they actually scored? Imo no.

I also dont like his attitude to certain tackles, at one point he went into a crunching tackle(like 20minutes in i think?) as a last ditch thing.....i havnt seen the replay but i think he would of been sent off for that in a normal game and by clements reaction(i was sat very close) he certainly wasnt happy with it either.

however as backup he can certainly do a job.

Have you been to all the friendlies? Sswankambo, has been ok and last night hardly touched the ball in his cameo. Was he impressive just because he is a big athlete? 

Last night was pretty much just a cameo unfortunately and it's always hard to make an impression when you only have 10 minutes on the pitch. I went to Grimsby and Northampton and what I saw there was a young, athletic and very physically strong right back with good awareness, forward thinking and back tracking. Lad's definitely got ability and confidence.

Not sure who I would pick between him and Baird at RB but I would definitely pick Isak over Christie at the moment. Isak definitely has genuine potential.

I feel he's quicker would you not agree?

I agree that warnock did the basics argueably well yesterday, however 2-3 times he was simply too slow and massively outran, whether thats his age or just his legs it's not good enough, that game could of ended 3-0 to them and would we all be so supportive of him if instead of them hitting the post just before we score, they actually scored? Imo no.

I also dont like his attitude to certain tackles, at one point he went into a crunching tackle(like 20minutes in i think?) as a last ditch thing.....i havnt seen the replay but i think he would of been sent off for that in a normal game and by clements reaction(i was sat very close) he certainly wasnt happy with it either.

however as backup he can certainly do a job.

It was Pearce that didn't defend properly and that's why Warnock had to do that last ditch tackle which wasn't a sending off . 

Just watched it again on Ramsplayer. 

Plus if you're going to pick out 1, 2 or even 10 games in 70 then you'll probably win this argument and get a job on Sky where they'd be showing Warnock's worst bits last night including a terrible tackle where he got a Villarreal player, a Derby player and none of the ball all on our 18yrd box. 

I'm more of an "overall contribution guy". Forsyth has been defensively a beast of a LB for Derby and one of the best LB's for a while. 

Sure he's a mixed bag on the ball. You get some mean crosses out of him at his best and some God awful punts at his worst. But if he was more consistently good on the ball he wouldn't be playing for Derby in the Champ. 

And pick any game you like. Matches are lost at both ends of the pitch. As the Keogh haters seem to ignore when it comes to Wembley. It's said Derby County 0.

Well Just watched it again on Ramsplayer and Pearce got caught out of position resulting in Warnock having to do a last ditch tackle which I didn't think was a free kick because he got the ball. 

I will carry on watching the highlights and see if I can see anymore terrible tackles from Warnock. 

As regards Warnock vs Forsyth time will tell .

Clement will pick the team on merit I think that's becoming clear. 

Most impressive Hughes and Keogh 

Least impressive Grant and Bent .

To be fair to Bent he wasn't on for long.

Grant just seems to have mistakes in him but is still a good keeper .

Carson  vs  Grant will be interesting. 

The performance by the team last night was good though. 

Well Just watched it again on Ramsplayer and Pearce got caught out of position resulting in Warnock having to do a last ditch tackle which I didn't think was a free kick because he got the ball. 

I will carry on watching the highlights and see if I can see anymore terrible tackles from Warnock. 

Now I don't stand for much of this modern nonsense in football, Chris Martin falling over and getting a freekick for it etc. Last night Keogh made a surging run, passed the ball and then jumped on top of a Villareal player. Villareal freekick all day long yet somehow we got the freekick on the edge of their area because defenders aren't allowed to do their jobs anymore. It was the same as Frank Fielding getting sent off against Forest - it should have been a Derby freekick. 

But even by my extremely manly standards, the Warnock one wasn't a freekick? Yes he won the ball, but only after completely taking the Villareal player out. Even in the Victorian era that was a foul.

Now I don't stand for much of this modern nonsense in football, Chris Martin falling over and getting a freekick for it etc. Last night Keogh made a surging run, passed the ball and then jumped on top of a Villareal player. Villareal freekick all day long yet somehow we got the freekick on the edge of their area because defenders aren't allowed to do their jobs anymore. It was the same as Frank Fielding getting sent off against Forest - it should have been a Derby freekick. 

But even by my extremely manly standards, the Warnock one wasn't a freekick? Yes he won the ball, but only after completely taking the Villareal player out. Even in the Victorian era that was a foul.

Even if it was a foul Pearce got caught square and their player got in behind so would you have liked Warnock to let the man go clear on goal then  .

PS Chris Martin was in on goal twice last night once first half and once second half and dallied on the ball .

He didn't shoot for the first when he should and shot too late for the second resulting in the defender clearing after the keeper was beaten  

Even if it was a foul Pearce got caught square and their player got in behind so would you have liked Warnock to let the man go clear on goal then  .

Even if if it was a foul? No, it was a foul. 

Would I have liked Warnock to have let the attacker carry on bearing down on goal? Well I don't remember saying that I did.

Carson vs Grant hmmm...

I have to say that despite looking like an alcoholic vagrant, Carson seems to fill me with more confidence. His kicking is a bit vvank but he seems to command his area very well and is very good at dealing with crosses and corners.

I have a feeling we may see more of Carson than Grant in the coming season.

Archived