Least/most impressive player in pre season so far?

Sam_DCFC_1994

What do we reckon then? I know you shouldn't read too much into Pre seasons results/ performances, but who do you think has done well? and who do you think has not done so well?

For me Hughes and Weimann look lively.

Grant and Warnock for me look shakey at the back.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe not the most impressive player but for me the most impressive signing last night was Chris Baird. But underwhelmed when we signed him but after watching highlights and seeing him live last night he looks a very astute signing. Nailed on RB for me at the minute.

least impressive last night was Grant/Warnock. Grants kicking was pretty awful and although he did well to get to a thunderous shot he should have got it round round the post. Got pulled up on here the other for Critisim of Warnock, saw enough him last season and enough this pre season to realise he ain't good enough for us!

Baird looked really solid and Thorne has looked his usual quality though I must admit I've only seen the last two friendlies in full.

Least impressed I think with Warnock and, notwithstanding his penalty miss, I was a bit disappointed with Bent last night as well...

Least impressed with Warnock?

Last night?

Your collective bias is as predictable as ever. It's like Buxton joining Derby all over again.

What do we reckon then? I know you shouldn't read too much into Pre seasons results/ performances, but who do you think has done well? and who do you think has not done so well?

For me Hughes and Weimann look lively.

Grant and Warnock for me look shakey at the back.

Thought  Warnock was really good last night makes a change from calamity Forsyth 

Least impressed with Warnock?

Last night?

Your collective bias is as predictable as ever. It's like Buxton joining Derby all over again.

That's what I was thinking. Apart from getting caught in possession in the first few seconds, Warnock was excellent last night. Solid, no nonsense defending. He did get sent off against Reading though...

That's what I was thinking. Apart from getting caught in possession in the first few seconds, Warnock was excellent last night. Solid, no nonsense defending. He did get sent off against Reading though...

He did make the same mistake as he did against Reading though. That horrifically ill advised slide for their freekick. Now, I'm not saying he was rubbish or should be thrown on the scrapheap but you would have thought that a player of his experience should know not to make that challenge by now.

I've only watched three full games out of the five, I imagine most haven't seen that. so these reviews are going to be hugely distorted. 

Least impressive is quite easy based on what I've seen - Darren Bent.

Most impressive, I'm not too sure, but I'd go with Chris Baird or Richard Keogh.

He did make the same mistake as he did against Reading though. That horrifically ill advised slide for their freekick. Now, I'm not saying he was rubbish or should be thrown on the scrapheap but you would have thought that a player of his experience should know not to make that challenge by now.

I think you will find Warnock was  responsible for breaking up play last night just before the quick free kick which resulted in the Wiemann goal. 

Warnick constantly broke up play and distributed the ball after good defending .

Question for you .

What is so good about Forsyth. 

Weimann will be a fans fav as he works really hard, don't know how much quality he has though as when he was in good positions he didn't produce, (I know he scored but even then he didn't look very accomplished).

I don't know why people are surprised by Baird, he was always going to be a very able player that's why he has had the career he has done, spending it all in the top flight and over 60 international games.

Glad to see thorne back, with him and Hughes in the side we have two of the best midfield players in the championship for me, if we can get them two on the ball with the options we have further forward we will be up there.

I think you will find Warnock was partly responsible for breaking up play last night just before the quick free kick which resulted in the Wiemann goal. 

Warnick constantly broke up ken up play and distributed the ball. 

Question for you .

What is so good about Forsyth. 

So you're just going to ignore the issue I brought up and talk about his general performance when I didn't even mention it? 

Forsyth is a much better defender which is generally what I look for in a left back.

So you're just going to ignore the issue I brought up and talk about his general performance when I didn't even mention it? 

Forsyth is a much better defender which is generally what I look for in a left back.

He isn't a much better defender and his distribution is bloody awful. 

Forsyth is a marauding wing back who makes lots of mistakes .

Forsyth gets forward yes but without any end product and often makes square and back passes to the opposition IMO 

Can you tell me any outstanding moments in Forsyths career at Derby. 

Oh the issue .

You are forgetting how good Villareal are on the ball and the odd mistimed tackle against them is understandable. 

He isn't a much better defender and his distribution is bloody awful. 

Forsyth is a marauding wing back who makes lots of mistakes .

Forsyth gets forward yes but without any end product and often makes square and back passes to the opposition IMO 

So you think Forsyth is a better defender?

Based on Warnock as a whole, his distribution isn't much better (than Forsyth last season). And it's not better than Forsyth at his best.

So you think Forsyth is a better defender?

Based on Warnock as a whole, his distribution isn't much better (than Forsyth last season). And it's not better than Forsyth at his best.

Forsyth is my least favorite player so I am a bit biased .

Cant get over all his mistakes week in week out. 

Ill leave it now as you are totally disagreeing with me. 

Oh the issue .

You are forgetting how good Villareal are on the ball and the odd mistimed tackle against them is understandable. 

Outstanding moments? He had an outstanding season.

No, that completely ignores the issue. It wasn't that he mistimed it, it was that he even tried to make it. He was never ever going to win the ball. 

Outstanding moments? He had an outstanding season.

No, that completely ignores the issue. It wasn't that he mistimed it, it was that he even tried to make it. He was never ever going to win the ball. 

Outstanding season .

I can't go with that. 

You're kidding, right?

Without even thinking about it he was utterly outstanding in our playoff season, and against Brighton away (brilliant run leading to a penalty) and home (fizzing ball for Hughes wondergoal) he was crucial.

Last season his attacking form dipped but he was outstanding in defence, many times he shut down that side of the pitch. Teams got a lot more joy attacking our other side.

As for his outstanding moment who could forget his individual goal against Birmingham away?

I do think Warnock was excellent last night, though. Perhaps Clement prefers his experience. With Shackell and Baird 3 of the 4 back-line will be over 30, which is interesting. It's certainly hard to imagine that back four conceding four against Huddersfield.

You're kidding, right?

Without even thinking about it he was utterly outstanding in our playoff season, and against Brighton away (brilliant run leading to a penalty) and home (fizzing ball for Hughes wondergoal) he was crucial.

Last season his attacking form dipped but he was outstanding in defence, many times he shut down that side of the pitch. Teams got a lot more joy attacking our other side.

As for his outstanding moment who could forget his individual goal against Birmingham away?

I do think Warnock was excellent last night, though. Perhaps Clement prefers his experience. With Shackell and Baird 3 of the 4 back-line will be over 30, which is interesting.

It's not just me who doesn't rate him. 

Rotherham away last season when we went 1-3 down the bloke next to me thought he was an awful player and wanted him sold and dropped .

Archived