Derby County v Villarreal

i-Ram

Warnock is fine defensively, but if we are playing with a narrow midfield we need him to be better going forward. At times his touch is woeful.

Fozzy's touches are pretty bad as well but I'm not too bothered. Will be an area we will defo need to work on if we get promoted though.

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought that Warnock was good as well but others seem to think that he was rubbish. They seem to be letting their bias get in the way

Or they just have a different opinion to you?

He was ok, but probably the weakest link.

I thought he got better as the game went on. Probably our weakest link but only cos no player stood put as playing badly 

Very good game. Some very solid performances. Still to improve in terms of what personnel may play. I like Baird. I would keep him in the side and depending on the Shackell situation I wouldn't be upset if he was the captain either. We were playing as a team tonight. Which is what I loved to see. Reminds me of some of our better performances of recent seasons. The league should feel threatened. It's ours or Boro's for the taking. Some of our opponents are going to really struggle. 

He'll start against Bolton and he done good tonight, was unlucky with that save before they scored though.

Unlucky? Timmy chocolate wrists! The ball should have NEVER have gone over his head, he got two hands on it and any decent keeper would have pushed it away from the goal. P1ss poor by him. His clearances were also woeful tonight, 3/4 times his clearances didn't go above chest height.

He was the biggest negative for me tonight, I was really hoping he'd put last season behind him. 

Grant 5 - had absolutely nothing to do minus an absolute howler. No one followed in but that has to go over the bar 

Baird 8 - brilliant. Honestly think we have found our solution to our right back issue. He is far pacier than I thought he would be, and has a great range of passing

Keogh 7 - top performance. Quiets the haters somewhat

Pearce 6 - few dodgy moments in the first half but overall solid

Warnock 4 - Dreadful. Out of position constantly, lacked pace, their number 7 had a jolly

Thorne 7 - he's back!! Brilliant. Passing range not 100% there but it's coming along nicely

Hendrick 6 - Solid, but sometimes held onto the ball for too long 

Hughes 9 - MOTM. Magnificent. After an indifferent pre season he has seemingly secured his starting position 

Ince 7 - lively. Nothing quite came off but he's going to be a force this season

Martin 7 - after he won his first free kick i giggled. Solid, standard Chrissy performance. 

Weimann 8 - very impressive. Reminds me of ward with a better final ball, endless energy. Lucky goal but they all count 

Russell was the standout sub, did well to bisect the defenders. Bents penalty was awful, and he must have been caught offside 5 times in his short stay on the pitch..

Warnock played well though, as did Keogh

Those late tackles of his are unacceptable though. Too many of them. Always in dangerous areas. We will concede many goals if that carries on. Needs to cut it out because as you say, he did play well. 

Grant 5 - had absolutely nothing to do minus an absolute howler. No one followed in but that has to go over the bar 

Baird 8 - brilliant. Honestly think we have found our solution to our right back issue. He is far pacier than I thought he would be, and has a great range of passing

Keogh 7 - top performance. Quiets the haters somewhat

Pearce 6 - few dodgy moments in the first half but overall solid

Warnock 4 - Dreadful. Out of position constantly, lacked pace, their number 7 had a jolly

Thorne 7 - he's back!! Brilliant. Passing range not 100% there but it's coming along nicely

Hendrick 6 - Solid, but sometimes held onto the ball for too long 

Hughes 9 - MOTM. Magnificent. After an indifferent pre season he has seemingly secured his starting position 

Ince 7 - lively. Nothing quite came off but he's going to be a force this season

Martin 7 - after he won his first free kick i giggled. Solid, standard Chrissy performance. 

Weimann 8 - very impressive. Reminds me of ward with a better final ball, endless energy. Lucky goal but they all count 

Russell was the standout sub, did well to bisect the defenders. Bents penalty was awful, and he must have been caught offside 5 times in his short stay on the pitch..

Bump Thone up to 8, Pearce up to 7 and Warnock 6. 

I don't want to sound like I'm already on the players' backs but friendly or no friendly I just expect more from our goalkeepers than the mistake tonight. We are in the second tier of English football not non league

You are right. The first one of them in the league or cup and he has to be dropped. The same goes with Carson. 

Nice to see a more assured back line tonight. The fact we had 3 former captains as well as a captain may have contributed to a decent steady performance.

I thought Thorne and Martin looked sharp and Weimann looks very dangerous coming forward too.

Overall a fair result and good performance.

Warnock played well though, as did Keogh

Agreed and yet people still think he's 'weak link' but I still would start Fozzy though and Keogh was brilliant tonight with those blocks. Pearce is the weak link tonight imo. 

Archived