Gaming

SaintRam

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

Think the ones we are posting are ranked only?

Not sure

EDIT: yeah they are, Kronovi has more than 2.7k wins overall so they must be ranked only. 

Cite:

76561198076736523.png

How many games did we play just then? That must be around that 8 game mark that the website is showing. Played the game a fair bit when it first came to PS+ with members of the other forum I use so no idea what is going on there.

Just now, RicME85 said:

How many games did we play just then? That must be around that 8 game mark that the website is showing. Played the game a fair bit when it first came to PS+ with members of the other forum I use so no idea what is going on there.

Looks like it reset at some point, probably at the end of pre-season. 

4 minutes ago, Broderick said:

Yeah that's too bad :(. Looks like we'd make a good doubles team.

Doing a bit of research it looks like cross-platform parties are something they're working on and should be launched around the end of the summer. 

Just now, Broderick said:

End of the summer? :o lol that's like 5 months. Oh well, better late than never. Rich, up for some 2v2s? :cool:

Also, I could play with you guys on a private server :p just create a dcfcfans room and then anyone from pc/ps4 can type that in and join it. 

Just now, Broderick said:

Cool! How do I join it? :)

I think when someone creates a private game they can name it, and then other people select "join private game" or "find.." etc. and a text box appears. Type in the room name and voila! We'd have to work out a time to do it though. 

2 minutes ago, Daveo said:

Hold up, so Xbox and PS4 players will be able to play??

At the moment there are two pools: Ps4/PC and Xbox

It looks like it's initially going to remain as two pools, with PC spanning both: Ps4/PC and Xbox/PC 

and then eventually they're going to combine it all into one pool of Ps4/PC/Xbox - so to answer your question; Yes, eventually.

This is pretty massive though, Microsoft have been so fervently against cross-platform on the Xbox for donkeys years.

That is absolutely massive, great news. Mainly because the player count at times is really low for ranked at the moment, sometimes only like just over 1000 between standard 3v3 and solo 3v3 combined.

Surprised both Sony and Microsoft are going for this, no longer will little Billy need to be on the same console as Harry, I'm sure when one notices a sales drop technical issues will suddenly creep in or disabled for security reasons.

They aren't going to do it with many games, but I could see it happening with more arcade-y games.

The fact is they're selling about a tenth of the amount of copies of Rocket League they expected to on Xbox because the population is too low to matchmake effectively - and queue times are excessive. They have to do this to get the Rocket league sales flowing.

If the game picks up with the first update though, they might never make it possible for Ps4/Xbox players to mingle. Psyonix will want that, and will try to convince them of it, but Sony/MS might get all bitchy about it. 

The game was originally a PS game, lets not forget that.