Gaming

SaintRam

Currently restarted Fallout 4 , which I never finished first time around , got a few mods and all the downloadable content , its a great game when modded and the downloadable content is tough , the Mechanist is the hardest Boss fight I have had in the game and that was at  level 30.

Hardly played the main quest yet :D

On 10/6/2017 at 16:47, JG400 said:

Currently restarted Fallout 4 , which I never finished first time around , got a few mods and all the downloadable content , its a great game when modded and the downloadable content is tough , the Mechanist is the hardest Boss fight I have had in the game and that was at  level 30.

Hardly played the main quest yet :D

Really enjoyed Fallout 4 (it was my first ever Fallout game).  Took me 7 months to play it.

Can anyone recommend any Open World games for the PS4 that are either out, or will be before Christmas?

I have just completed Far Cry 4 and have also played and loved Watchdogs 2, Witcher 3, Fallout 4, GTA5, Red Dead Redemption and have just started Mad Max.  Any recommendations.

Edited by Bridgford Ram

2 minutes ago, Bridgford Ram said:

Can anyone recommend any Open World games for the PS4 that are either out, or will be before Christmas?

I have just completed Far Cry 4 and have also played and loved Watchdogs 2, Fallout 4, GTA5, Red Dead Redemption and have just started Mad Max.  Any recommendations.

Skyrim is a classic. They remastered it last year.

Edited by BurtonRam7

6 hours ago, Bridgford Ram said:

I have just completed Far Cry 4 and have also played and loved Watchdogs 2, Witcher 3, Fallout 4, GTA5, Red Dead Redemption and have just started Mad Max.  Any recommendations.

Have you tried Bioshock , I notice you can buy the collection for PS4 , Bioshock 1 is fantastic one of my favourite games , Bioshock 2 is even better , the story is awesome, the 'good' ending one of the most moving in video games , Bioshock 3 (infinite) meh , but good enough to finish

5 hours ago, JG400 said:

Have you tried Bioshock , I notice you can buy the collection for PS4 , Bioshock 1 is fantastic one of my favourite games , Bioshock 2 is even better , the story is awesome, the 'good' ending one of the most moving in video games , Bioshock 3 (infinite) meh , but good enough to finish

Just ordered it myself - argos online doing it new for 18.45 for PS4 :thumbsup:

Just bought ELEX for the PC (PS4 & XBONE also) I Have not bought a full price game for a while (I usually wait for a Steam sale) , but sprung for this (39.99)  on the basis as it is the same team (Piranha)  who produced Gothic 1 and Gothic 2

It is a Euro RPG style (Big on story Line , Open World and no hand holding the player of linear progression)

Its a 3rd person Post Apocalyptic Science meets Fantasy  setting on an earth like planet

So far typical Piranha game , very tough, for example some of the very early side quests send you to areas you cannot possibly survive in and need to be pursued later, combat is brutal and button mashing will fail period , this forces you to take your time and develop your character slowly

Its had mixed reviews , but I am really enjoying the challenge

If you like Open World RPGs , heavy on story line and truly find your own way with no linear progression then it may be for you

On 10/24/2017 at 11:51, JG400 said:

Just bought ELEX for the PC (PS4 & XBONE also) I Have not bought a full price game for a while (I usually wait for a Steam sale) , but sprung for this (39.99)  on the basis as it is the same team (Piranha)  who produced Gothic 1 and Gothic 2

It is a Euro RPG style (Big on story Line , Open World and no hand holding the player of linear progression)

Its a 3rd person Post Apocalyptic Science meets Fantasy  setting on an earth like planet

So far typical Piranha game , very tough, for example some of the very early side quests send you to areas you cannot possibly survive in and need to be pursued later, combat is brutal and button mashing will fail period , this forces you to take your time and develop your character slowly

Its had mixed reviews , but I am really enjoying the challenge

If you like Open World RPGs , heavy on story line and truly find your own way with no linear progression then it may be for you

Thanks for that, been looking at ELEX wondering if it is worth a punt.

5 hours ago, AmericanRam said:

Anyone else playing Shadow of War? Its the sequel to Shadow of Mordor which I thought was awesome and so far this is pretty good also.

My lad's been on about it for Christmas. We've had shadow of mordor but struggled to get into it and it became one of a number of unfinished games.

Sounds like I need to go back to it.