Gaming

SaintRam

Just now, David said:

No no, I've plenty of experience with Apples, I use them at work and my brother uses them religiously. Games just aren't optimal on them, have to get an Apple with far higher specs than a PC to run a game that runs on max on said PC. 

Apple computers are excellent, but they aren't made for gaming or even with gaming in mind really. Therefore I'll never buy one for the sole purpose of gaming.

I'll always have an Apple for work though. Always.

10 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Apple computers are great at email, web browsing and looking nice. If you want to actually do something though, better buying a PC and rebooting it occasionally. 

And waiting for update 3 of 765367 installing before you're able to use the thing or shut it down

12 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

Playground stuff.

I have an iPad and Macbook Air but an Android phone (much preferred to iPhone), analyse that.

Don't confuse trolling for childish behaviour, I work hard at my attempts to troll

7 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Out of interest, are there any local co-op games for the Xbox One? 

Or is that just not the done thing anymore?

Isn't really the done thing. Are you talking split-screen?

2 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I think there's some decent games on xbox arcade, but it's not the done thing in triple A since some greedy executive realised how terrible it was that kids could share gaming experiences without having to each own a copy of the game and an xbox live gold account. I can't help but feel a bit sorry for kids nowadays. Sitting on your own talking into your headset is a poor substitute for actually spending time with people and swearing down a headset will never be as satisfying as punching the camping knob who's been sniping you for the last ten minutes.

9 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

It depends on the genre/particular game. Sports are fine, and some FPS. But I tried Battlefront with a mate, could only access the missions against CPU, couldn't work out how the both of us could play split screen online.

Majority of games look at online functionality now it seems

Can you play Xbox 360 indie games on Xbox One?

If you can, download "Hidden in Plain Sight" as soon as you can. It's a couch co-op game that anyone can play (the skill entry level is very low). Essentially each person with a controller controls one character on screen among a load (and after working out which one is yours by them matching your controller's movements only you know which) and there are a bunch of great modes using the concept.

17 minutes ago, r4derby said:

It depends on the genre/particular game. Sports are fine, and some FPS. But I tried Battlefront with a mate, could only access the missions against CPU, couldn't work out how the both of us could play split screen online.

Majority of games look at online functionality now it seems

Halo is good for that. It allows scenario to be played multiplayer online.

8 hours ago, reveldevil said:

If only you'd let Mel know it's not possible to upgrade from a Mac to a PC, we'd be up by now!

I've waited 3 months to post that, btw.

At least he should have canceled the iPro deal and go for Windows Media Player... no wonder there wasn't real sync...

Some really nice updates to Rocket League

Hoops gamemode is a lot of fun, very technical. Have the ability to auto save a replay, press the bound button when something cool happens and the replay will autosave with a timestamp for when you pressed the button, can rename replays too.

After showing the instant replay of a goal, the camera now locks into the car that scored it - so... you can celebrate!

26 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Some really nice updates to Rocket League

Hoops gamemode is a lot of fun, very technical. Have the ability to auto save a replay, press the bound button when something cool happens and the replay will autosave with a timestamp for when you pressed the button, can rename replays too.

After showing the instant replay of a goal, the camera now locks into the car that scored it - so... you can celebrate!

Hoops needs a few tweaks to me, don't like just how small the court is, including the ceiling. Hoop seems a bit too big too, especially for the size of the court.

1 hour ago, Srg said:

Hoops needs a few tweaks to me, don't like just how small the court is, including the ceiling. Hoop seems a bit too big too, especially for the size of the court.

Maybe, I've been really enjoying it though. Played a game yesterday where the ball didn't hit the ground for 3 minutes, when it was eventually scored.

Modern Warfare Remaster coming free with this year's 'legacy' edition of Infinite Warfare. Full campaign and 10 MP maps.

Or another way of looking at it - Modern Warfare Remaster comes with a free, yet pointless novelty 'Infinite Warfare' coaster. :lol:

Battlefield 5 to be official,y unveiled on May 6th as well. 

Happy days.