Summer Transfer (out) suggestion

sage

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite happy for Sammon and Warnock to go,

Either Shotton or Christie, maybe both if we sign a RB,

Agree except for Christie.

He showed such promise early last season & I'm hoping that a clean slate with a new coach might just get him back to that. He's a young lad and we should persevere with him IMO for a bit longer yet.

Petition to rename this thread: "Screw support, kick the lads in the nuts instead thread"

This is very different to booing, nasty chants etc... This is merely a discussion on who might be surplus to requirements for the coming season and therefore could potentially leave.

This is very different to booing, nasty chants etc... This is merely a discussion on who might be surplus to requirements for the coming season and therefore could potentially leave.

There's a bit of a difference between "I could see [player] leaving" or "I wouldn't be overly bothered if [player] left all things considered" and outright "suggestions of players to leave thread". The title doesn't give the impression of players we could see leaving, it's a thread that outright is players people want to see the back of. 

I guess it's fine in a way, just seems a harsh way of phrasing it. 

Agree except for Christie.

He showed such promise early last season & I'm hoping that a clean slate with a new coach might just get him back to that. He's a young lad and we should persevere with him IMO for a bit longer yet.

I reckon he is the biggest puzzle. At the beginning of last season I thought we had found a gem. He was like extra winger with pace, strength and skill. He made some defensive errors but was clearly a worker and could learn that part of the game. Then his wheels fell off defensively he got worse every game and his bombing forward stopped being successful ...What happened .. Confidence ? Dunno but he has got someting, it wasn't a flash in the pan as he looked good for a dozen home games on the trot. Hummmmm

There's a bit of a difference between "I could see [player] leaving" or "I wouldn't be overly bothered if [player] left all things considered" and outright "suggestions of players to leave thread". The title doesn't give the impression of players we could see leaving, it's a thread that outright is players people want to see the back of. 

I guess it's fine in a way, just seems a harsh way of phrasing it. 

We could call it "who would you send on a boat to Australia" thread. 

I'd like to see Shotton and Sammon leave. Would be happy for Ssewankambo to go out on loan too if we got another RB. I think Forsyth will be fine with Shackell a mainstay next to him this season, and Warnock is fine for back-up at this level.

If the money was right, I think we could afford to lose Hendrick but for no less than £5mil. I wouldn't actively be looking to sell him. Other than that, I'd say that's it.

Nice to see no mention of Dawks at the moment. 

I think a couple of "favourites" are going to go.

Must be a good chance Keogh will, unless he digs in, and then it's either Shotts or Bucko. You only need 4 central defenders with Baird available to fill in if a crisis.

In midfield Bryson or Hendrick in my view are vulnerable. We would get more money for the latter, and at the end of the day that might be the most important part of the equation. One out with one in I would say.  I would still like Bridcutt - saw him play a few times at BHAFC and he is a good mopper up, which would allow George and Will to play more advanced.  

I can see the issue at RB but still can't see we will spend much if any money there. Baird starts for me and Christie/Sswank put up a challenge. See no pint selling Christie until he has another 6 months with us. Warnock stays for me; would not surprise me if he became first choice. Clement is used to players being able to pass simply/comfortably - he is going to be seriously tearing his hair out with Fozzy.

Up front I am generally happy, but I would like Conor to find a club where he gets regular game time. I would only sell JR if we had a better replacement in mind.

... And I still hope Nixon's wildcard is someone who can make us tick high up the midfield - a genuine playmaker.

Archived