Summer Transfer (out) suggestion

sage

Nice to see no mention of Dawks at the moment. 

I think a couple of "favourites" are going to go.

Must be a good chance Keogh will, unless he digs in, and then it's either Shotts or Bucko. You only need 4 central defenders with Baird available to fill in if a crisis.

In midfield Bryson or Hendrick in my view are vulnerable. We would get more money for the latter, and at the end of the day that might be the most important part of the equation. One out with one in I would say.  I would still like Bridcutt - saw him play a few times at BHAFC and he is a good mopper up, which would allow George and Will to play more advanced.  

I can see the issue at RB but still can't see we will spend much if any money there. Baird starts for me and Christie/Sswank put up a challenge. See no pint selling Christie until he has another 6 months with us. Warnock stays for me; would not surprise me if he became first choice. Clement is used to players being able to pass simply/comfortably - he is going to be seriously tearing his hair out with Fozzy.

Up front I am generally happy, but I would like Conor to find a club where he gets regular game time. I would only sell JR if we had a better replacement in mind.

... And I still hope Nixon's wildcard is someone who can make us tick high up the midfield - a genuine playmaker.

Wouldn't mind Jota or Pritchard as the wildcard

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We may need all the players that we have, plus a few more. see last season for details. Two players for each position will probably not suffice, we may need  a third player to cover certain positions. Clearly we do not have enough wingers to do what we did last season. Who is the proven cover for Bent? For Hughes? For Baird? Big mistake getting rid of Euatace, even if he only played six games, he could make all the difference.

Thinking about depth rather than quality, the only person I'd push out of the door would be Sammon.

I don't rate Shotton, but he's not awful, he'd start for at least a third of the teams in the division I imagine and therefore he's a good cover for both DC and DR. 

At DR I'd put Christie and Baird in front of him, (I can't have an opinion on Isak yet), and if we get injuries elsewhere, such as DM that puts Baird elsewhere on the pitch.

At DC he's much further down the pecking order though; Keogh, Shackell, Buxton, Pearce all infront of him imo but you only need two injuries (as unlucky as that would be) for him to be #1 cover.

Similar story with Warnock.

Sammon, by comparison has Martin, Bent, Weimann, Russell in front of him. I'd also suggest that Ince could do a better job as a striker than him + I imagine we'll get an attacking loan of some kind. Also, if we do get horrifically unlucky with injuries in the department it won't be difficult to get an emergency loan better than Sammon. His presence is pointless.

Sammon would be a shoe in to go ! I live his mentality and work rate but he really is not good enough for this level just hasn't got the technical ability 

To balance the squad/books I'd let Shotton go 

Regarding keogh I wouldn't be desperate to get him out of the door but if the right money comes in he's certainly replaceable at this level 

Wouldn't mind Jota or Pritchard as the wildcard

Jota is a good shout. Can't see Pritchard happening I'm afraid.

I'm not too sure about Dawkins. he has had some good performances but will he get game time? Also, how's he been doing for Jamaica at the Gold Cup? They got to the Semi-Finals, right?

For me: Shotton, Buxton, Warnock, Dawkins and Sammon! I wouldn't mind them going, I would want a bit more for Dawkins/Buxton but really, they aren't that crucial! 

If we were getting rid of that many, some would have already moved. Sammon will go, at least on loan, I don't think anyone else will. Clement seems to be happy with the squad size, I don't think he'd want to trim it down much, especially losing versatile players like Shotton, Warnock and Dawkins who can compete for multiple positions. We don't have enough DC's to lose Buxton imo (expect the worst, injuries wise).

If we were getting rid of that many, some would have already moved. Sammon will go, at least on loan, I don't think anyone else will. Clement seems to be happy with the squad size, I don't think he'd want to trim it down much, especially losing versatile players like Shotton, Warnock and Dawkins who can compete for multiple positions. We don't have enough DC's to lose Buxton imo (expect the worst, injuries wise).

tumblr_lkykp5CMXV1qbskw8.gif

Looking at the highlights footage, Russell and Ince appear very dangerous. Weimann is skillful, Pearce looks solid, Bryson looks confident and Hughes needs two weeks off. Bent is ambling around, Thorne and Martin are getting there. Grant is back to his best and fullbacks - not sure, except for Baird who is making it look like he has been at Derby for five years.

Clement already said he wants a squad of 18-20

Looking at the highlights footage, Russell and Ince appear very dangerous. Weimann is skillful, Pearce looks solid, Bryson looks confident and Hughes needs two weeks off. Bent is ambling around, Thorne and Martin are getting there. Grant is back to his best and fullbacks - not sure, except for Baird who is making it look like he has been at Derby for five years.

That bad already? What's wrong with our fullbacks? :p

Clement already said he wants a squad of 18-20

I'm sure he does, and he could have a squad of that size at Real Madrid. In the Championship, however, he'd regret that decision hugely, plus some of our boys just aren't good enough to stay in the team for long periods of time. Inconsistency is the most common reason players are playing in the Championship at all and we'll want rotation. 

I feel like I may have heard Clement say that, although I'm not too sure, but if he did it was early in his tenure and being around the players may have changed his mind.

That bad already? What's wrong with our fullbacks? :p

None of Forsyth, Christie or Warnock give me confidence that they will be correctly positioned when a break away or even a big boot up field comes at us. We need another fullback to go with Baird in my opinion. The other three good enough as backups.

yeah, I didn't mean all of them would go, they would just be the ones that I wouldn't miss! 

I'm sure he does, and he could have a squad of that size at Real Madrid. In the Championship, however, he'd regret that decision hugely, plus some of our boys just aren't good enough to stay in the team for long periods of time. Inconsistency is the most common reason players are playing in the Championship at all and we'll want rotation. 

I feel like I may have heard Clement say that, although I'm not too sure, but if he did it was early in his tenure and being around the players may have changed his mind.

Nope. He wants 18-20 in his squad. He may get in touch with you if he needs advice. There again he may not.

Archived