Summer Transfer (out) suggestion

sage

Agree except for Christie.

He showed such promise early last season & I'm hoping that a clean slate with a new coach might just get him back to that. He's a young lad and we should persevere with him IMO for a bit longer yet.

Christie could benefit from being loaned out if Baird takes the RB slot and ssenwakambo is looking good enough. 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how many times do you reckon keogh's name gets mentioned in this thread?

I honestly can't understand people and Keogh... Yes he has a mistake in him but you don't get into team of the year and a regular international without being decent... He's given his all for the club and personally he is one of the guys if say we must not let go.

last year he became a scapegoat because of Wembley and the fact he was captain. Wembley was as we would all agree disasterous and he was made captain when he isn't captain material... But he still has a lot to offer to Derby County

This is my 'hama bovud doe' rating sheet for our squad: 1 being really not bothered if they went and 10 being **** that, I'll fight you for him.

Lee Grant - 6
Cyrus Christie - 6
Craig Forsyth - 7
Craig Bryson - 7
Jake Buxton - 9 :wub:
Richard Keogh - 7
Simon Dawkins - 6
Jeff Hendrick - 7
Chris Martin - 10
Johnny Russell - 7
Conor Sammon - 1
Will Hughes - 9
Ryan Shotton - 4
Stephen Warnock - 4

In all honesty, I would only like to see the back of Shotton, Warnock and Sammon. I'd hate to lose a guy of Christie's potential, but I could see being easily improved on. I'm not sure Carson is better than Grant and Dawkins in a new position could be 'like a new...' 

Don't think we will get rid of any except sammon  he won't get in the squad                                                                               Has anyone thought of playing hanson at RB I think he'll be better then christie and Shotton 

None of Forsyth, Christie or Warnock give me confidence that they will be correctly positioned when a break away or even a big boot up field comes at us. We need another fullback to go with Baird in my opinion. The other three good enough as backups.

yet Forsyth statistically best lb in division hmmm who would you bring in to replace him? 

Fact is all good left backs are in prem

Nope. He wants 18-20 in his squad. 

That's certainly what he's said.  So assuming 20 players, that the youth players aren't being counted in there, and that we are going to play something along the lines of 433/442-diamond.  I reckon the 20 is looking something like:

Grant, Carson

Christie, Forsyth, Warnock

Shackell, Pearce, Keogh, Buxton

Thorne, Baird

Hughes, Hendrick, Bryson

Ince, Weimann, Russell, Dawkins,

Martin, Bent

With Shotton and Sammon to go. Obviously you can swap Shotton out for any of Keogh, Buxton, Warnock etc.  Any other sales are likely to be one-in, one-out, as I can't see us going into the season with less than 4 winger/forwards and at least 3 non-holding midfielders.

yet Forsyth statistically best lb in division hmmm who would you bring in to replace him? 

Fact is all good left backs are in prem

He may be more secure this season  with Shackell around but not good enough last 13 matches. An experienced ex Prem player who is mainly defensive. In other words, I do not know!

He may be more secure this season  with Shackell around but not good enough last 13 matches. An experienced ex Prem player who is mainly defensive. In other words, I do not know!

Nobody was good enough in the last 13 matches except for Ince and Bent...

We do not need world beaters in every position, Forsyth was class when he had Buxton next to him for a whole season so should be fine if we can get a whole season out of Shackell? 

The Albentosa has gone on loan, I still reckon squad wise we need to lose only 1 CB and Shotton is the weakest link ;).

We are still short in midfield......

Up front we have now too much fire power, what with CM ,DB, AW, CS and young Bennett plus we have JR ,TI  on the wings but Sammon is the weakest link and should be moved on.........

Most amusing 'rumour' I've ever seen:

Burnley will offer 3m plus Jason shackell for Will Hughes. This deal is a possibility as Derby feel they are more than adequate in midfield area yet lack significantly in defence.

Obviously not gonna happen now because we already signed Shackell... otherwise might have been a good de-bwahahahahahahahahaha.... ahhhh sorry... couldn't finish that line...

I reckon he is the biggest puzzle. At the beginning of last season I thought we had found a gem. He was like extra winger with pace, strength and skill. He made some defensive errors but was clearly a worker and could learn that part of the game. Then his wheels fell off defensively he got worse every game and his bombing forward stopped being successful ...What happened .. Confidence ? Dunno but he has got someting, it wasn't a flash in the pan as he looked good for a dozen home games on the trot. Hummmmm

teams found that all you had to do to stop him rampaging forwards was to get him to stop running and come inside.

Derby County have changed emphasis. They are stocking up with experienced players who have been in the Premiership or have won promotion. After last year many of derby's players had suffered two consecutive disappointments. Changing to a winning mentality is not that easy but we now have the players to do it. I would not be in a hurry to get rid of any more players. he has two players for each position. If a bid comes in and it favours us then we will take it if we can get a better replacement. that is the transfer market. Which players will attract interest or a bid? So far it is possibly Keogh, Bryson, Hendrick and Russell. Whilst Sammon, Roos, Rawson and Albentosa have gone, that makes about eleven since the end of last season. If Clement says one more coming in possibly then probably one more pout from similar position to leave the squad at 22.in total

Archived