Dyche comments on Shackell transfer

Sam_DCFC_1994

We're not making enormous losses you enormous bell end. 

"A new level"

Newer than QPR, Leicester and Forest? 2 of which are in court. 

Thank God he isn't our manager. I know loads of Derby fans wanted him but the guy talks ***** it that horrible gravel voice about effervescent tactical frameworks. He plays percentage football and constantly whinges. 

"Look at what he did at Watford" they said. What? What am I looking at? 

"He got Burnley up and they're doing well in the PL". Bothroyd got Watford up. Holloway got Blackpool up, Coyle got Burnley up, Jewell, Warnock etc etc. Doing well? When? They struggled all season. If doing well is being a small club and not getting destroyed every week then Jean Tigana must be in demand amongst the elite. 

Just like Bournemouth with their whinging. Burnley playing the poor ickle underdog card. As they bid 2m+ for Lansbury. 

5+ years we spent struggling and getting our **** in order. I'd rather have Warnock in charge than that tit

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand why they can't compete, where has all the Prem money gone? They didn't exactly splash the cash when they went up either of the times they have been up there whilst we've been in the Championship.

I agree £10m is a lot to spend in the Championship although they should have no problems matching that figure with the sales from Ings, Trippier and Shackell alone without touching any parachute payments. 

Do they struggle to attract players to Burnley is this the problem? again I don't see why they would, I know people will say Burnley is a shithole but so is Derby in areas and players don't need to live there, Manchester is just down the road.

Strange one to me, I don't want to say pockets are being lined but somethings a miss to me.

I don't understand why they can't compete, where has all the Prem money gone? They didn't exactly splash the cash when they went up either of the times they have been up there whilst we've been in the Championship.

Because if they start spending then they can't be little old Burnley who overachieve against the odds. It's against their club to offer competitive wages apparently. Plus Dyche won't be able to claim all the success if he has to buy his way.

If they flop this season it'll be because us and Boro are buying the league. If they're successful it'll be look what little old Burnley have done whilst all this big boys throw their cash about.

Thing is, anyone who's been to Burnley away will probably tell you how sound the majority of their fans are. Some of the nicest set of fans. Don't mind Burnley. 

Just that bellend. Never liked him. Talks *****. 

Why do we hate Burnley again? A number of fans seem to like to take swipes at them being a small(er) club and play the attendance card, but they're clearly big enough for us to have a petty rivalry with them.

I just don't get it. They're just another club. Other than Leeds and Forest, maybe Wednesday when things get a bit shirty, they're all just clubs to us.

As far as I can tell, it's just the odd ignorant comment on some Burnley forum which has condemned the entire town to rot in hell.

"Turf Moor is a dump though, have you seen it?"

"They were in the Premier League and still got only 400 fans"

"They have wooden seats"

"Burnley is a dump, I once saw some litter there".

Stop it. You're making us look small time. It's the second worst thing we do, after comparing away attendances with Forest as some sort of validation as to who is better.

I agree £10m is a lot to spend in the Championship although they should have no problems matching that figure with the sales from Ings, Trippier and Shackell alone without touching any parachute payments. 

Do they struggle to attract players to Burnley is this the problem? again I don't see why they would, I know people will say Burnley is a shithole but so is Derby in areas and players don't need to live there, Manchester is just down the road.

Strange one to me, I don't want to say pockets are being lined but somethings a miss to me.

Last time we made the error of backing Brian Laws with (what was then) big money in the Championship.  Long term, big deals for players such as Ross Wallace, Lee Grant, Chris Iwelumo, Dean Marney and more.  Eddie Howe came in with the promise of money to spend which he had for a very short space of time before that promise was pulled the board realised promotion was very much a long shot with the squad we had.  We changed tack and started investing in younger players (Ings, Vokes, Trippier, Mee), the manager left and Dyche came in.  We dramatically cut the the wage bill by renegotiating some players deals (Wallace and Marney) and letting us others go that wouldn't take cuts (Grant, McCann).  We lucked out and hit the jackpot with Dyche, some shrewd free transfers (Jones, Arfield) and the young players flourishing in the season the money was due to run out.  The reset button has been hit so we're where we were 5 years ago but with lessons learned they're being more careful with the money, a big chunk of which is being invested in a new top-end training ground.

We have a wage cap of somewhere in the range of £15-20k a week for top paid players but the majority of the squad will be capped around the £10K mark.  Whilst our chairman and board are rich compared to me and you (well I can speak for myself) in terms of football they're not so we've got to assume that we'll run out of parachute money and plan for that with attendances in the region of 15,000 - 17,000 a week which limits us.  We could go all out but there wouldn't be a safety net like you have.

Last time we made the error of backing Brian Laws with (what was then) big money in the Championship.  Long term, big deals for players such as Ross Wallace, Lee Grant, Chris Iwelumo, Dean Marney and more.  Eddie Howe came in with the promise of money to spend which he had for a very short space of time before that promise was pulled the board realised promotion was very much a long shot with the squad we had.  We changed tack and started investing in younger players (Ings, Vokes, Trippier, Mee), the manager left and Dyche came in.  We dramatically cut the the wage bill by renegotiating some players deals (Wallace and Marney) and letting us others go that wouldn't take cuts (Grant, McCann).  We lucked out and hit the jackpot with Dyche, some shrewd free transfers (Jones, Arfield) and the young players flourishing in the season the money was due to run out.  The reset button has been hit so we're where we were 5 years ago but with lessons learned they're being more careful with the money, a big chunk of which is being invested in a new top-end training ground.

We have a wage cap of somewhere in the range of £15-20k a week for top paid players but the majority of the squad will be capped around the £10K mark.  Whilst our chairman and board are rich compared to me and you (well I can speak for myself) in terms of football they're not so we've got to assume that we'll run out of parachute money and plan for that with attendances in the region of 15,000 - 17,000 a week which limits us.  We could go all out but there wouldn't be a safety net like you have.

Ahh, wasn't aware of the new training ground, that will cost a fair whack

http://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/news/article/clarets-unveil-training-ground-blueprint-2159242.aspx

What was the rumoured wages of Grant, Wallace and co when you say they were on big deals?

Why do we hate Burnley again? A number of fans seem to like to take swipes at them being a small(er) club and play the attendance card, but they're clearly big enough for us to have a petty rivalry with them.

I just don't get it. They're just another club. Other than Leeds and Forest, maybe Wednesday when things get a bit shirty, they're all just clubs to us.

As far as I can tell, it's just the odd ignorant comment on some Burnley forum which has condemned the entire town to rot in hell.

"Turf Moor is a dump though, have you seen it?"

"They were in the Premier League and still got only 400 fans"

"They have wooden seats"

"Burnley is a dump, I once saw some litter there".

Stop it. You're making us look small time. It's the second worst thing we do, after comparing away attendances with Forest as some sort of validation as to who is better.

Their fans are actually decent and I'm pretty sure we took about 400 fans there ourselves a couple of times. That's to go with the 600 at Coventry,  1,000 at Doncaster and wasn't there only 1,500 at Leicester once or twice? 

Attedances are a load of ******. Who cares.We suddenly are getting as many season ticket holders as we had fans 3 years ago. 

Prices, success, location etc etc. All that matters at any club is the core fan base. Not their numbers. Just their behaviour, attitude etc. And Burnley are sound tbh. Their ground is deffo worth a visit. 

But Dyche is a knobber. He was a knobber last season and the season before that. His football is as ugly as he is. His teams are well organised like his little goatee. But he talks like he's organised a NASA space program. effervescent my arse.

Dyche said 'we can't compete with....' when he meant 'we won't compete with...' 

As proven by us, who are still within FFP guidelines, that you can spend money if you are smart enough and want to.

Burnley's owners are just ridiculously unambitious, naive and have no intention of throwing away their promotion payday profit. The laughable thing is that Burnley are fans lapping that crap up. 

If I was a Burnley fan, having seen us chance survival on signings like Marvin Sordell, I would be asking what the **** are we going to do about replacing Lowton, Ings and Shackell. Ings' replacement is Vossen... Really? Lowton is adequate for Trippier, I guess, but still a substantial mark down and I can only guess who are they going to replace Shackell with.

They, as a fan base, need to wise up to their board's plan of getting away with spending as little as possible and giving Dyche a few soundbites to say how unfair other clubs in the division are for spending money they are entitled to do.

I don't dislike Burnley as a club I just think it's petty for Dyche to say what he has.

You're telling me if he was offered to come to Derby with the money to spend, he'd say no thanks he'd rather have no money?

I remember Clough taking a pop at Forest when they were splashing the cash. I can understand any managers frustration when promotion is the expectation from fans and the board impose tight financial restrictions. Dyche won't be the last manager to speak about this, expect more to come out over the season. 

Strange to be on the other side now.

I remember Clough taking a pop at Forest when they were splashing the cash. I can understand any managers frustration when promotion is the expectation from fans and the board impose tight financial restrictions. Dyche won't be the last manager to speak about this, expect more to come out over the season. 

Strange to be on the other side now.

Yeah, I remember when we got beat by Forest and he said: ''well they should be beating teams like us with their budget.'' 

It's definitely fantastic to be on the other  side of it. 

Archived