Dyche comments on Shackell transfer

Sam_DCFC_1994

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dyche seems a bit hacked off, but not bitter. He's done a great job there, had no money and rarley whinges. He's well liked and well respected by all the top managers in England, and he's English.

Let him have this one and move on....at least he's not Eddie Howe

Quick question - why do Derby need to respond? Dyche is the manager of a club who we just signed a player off, why do his comments require a response. So he's peed off, Derby should just carry on, the relevant people know Derby's financial state and that won't change because another manager has got a bit upset that we're spending a few million

But when it was the other way round last summer.......humm.......he's just annoyed because he lost a good player to a rival and has to get a replacement.

If anything, I don't think it's the money we're spending that's hacking off other managers, it's the way that players, really good players, want to be at Derby.

Derby will just stay classy as they always do. it's a major reason we are attracting top players - Because we are class from the boardroom to Sam Rush to the coaching staff.  Shackell is class so he's where he belongs.

No need to comment. Equilibrium is never far away despite temporary fluctuations. I am sure it displeases some when the dream crashes into reality.

Burnley fan on this :lol:

"You could have signed Terry & Cahill, we will still take 6 points from you."
 From dcfc mad

Probably true, Dyche is just upset that his application to replace Mac was met with the following response,

'Dear Mr Dyche,

Thank you for your recent application to fill our vacant manager role, unfortunately on this occasion you have been unsuccessful.

We will keep your CV on file in case a position becomes available in the future. 

Please feel free to apply again in the future, we'll shortly have some casual vacancies for serving staff in our new expanded fan park, these may present an opportunity more in line with your current abilities.'

I do, however, find it a little ironic that the only reason Shackell ever left us for Burnley in the first place was more cash, so they can hardly be that surprised at his decision.

He didn't want to leave... He was sold by Clough because he wanted to buy Keogh.

He's just cheesed off that's all, his team is being cherry picked a bit and that's bound to be frustrating. 

There might be a little envy in there an' all, but he'd do well to remember we've been through a bit of financial turbulence to get the the position we now find ourselves in. 

I won't be too hard on him though because he ties a good Windsor knot in his ties. ;)

I agree with all of this, except ties went out of fashion years ago didn't they?  Well they did down in the south.

I think it is frustration with Dyche, and perhaps understandable. He spent next to nowt after gaining promotion, probably because of Board constraints, and did a good job last season keeping them competitive. Perhaps he didn't play the kind of football he would have liked, we like, but when you are dealt a certain set of cards you have to work with what you have got. With monies stockpiled though, he might have expected more from his club in terms of in-goings this Season and I am sure he hoped, after having to lose 'out of contract' Ings and Trippier, that the Board would fight tooth and nail to keep the rest of the squad together.  I think he knows the answer now, and at some stage I hope he gets a chance to manage a bigger club.  I think he is an alright guy; compare and contrast with Bruce at Hull who is throwing his toys around because all the players he wanted a year or two ago, and invested millions in, are having to be sold because he couldn't make them play sufficiently to finish 17th.

Archived