Dyche comments on Shackell transfer

Sam_DCFC_1994

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From highly rated CB and captain to bad influence and disruptive in 2 months. 

It's taken them 3 years to get him out the door. 

Now poor ickle Burnley are left with freebies like Michael Keane..

Oi! You leave Keane alone! Rio Ferdinand said he's good!!!!

There’d been an approach a few weeks ago and Jason made it clear to me the finance on offer was too much for him to refuse,” he continued.

So we tapped him up then Mr Dyche? Surely you would be reporting us the FA for this, if it were the case? 

Or is it a load of BS?

Oi! You leave Keane alone! Rio Ferdinand said he's good!!!!

He's certainly full of fighting spirit when to pursue his United career he chose to leave here because he couldn't budge Keogh and Buxton

Looked good at attacking corners though. 

Usually I don't give a flying **** what other teams do but saying we throw money around and next day trying to buy Lansbury with about same figures we bought Shackell... the pot calling the kettle black. With little exception, Shackell is actually good player.

I don't think Nigel Clough, the Derby media department or the fans were quite this mardy when Kris Commons left were they? And we only got £300,000 and had the whole 'would he have stayed if we'd offered more sooner' debate to contend with and the subsequent finger pointing that followed.

Shackell would have preferred to leave, he's made it clear with a year left on his contract, and his reasons are nobodies business but his own. There seems to be a concerted effort to pour scorn on Shackells character from the Burnley end. The official Burnley media guys having digs at Shackells character? Is there any need? The only justification for any of this is if Shackell was refusing to train/play etc. If that's the case Burnley have got a point. 

That's what I've been thinking. 

If he wanted only money then Burnley should have it after prem football. 

If their board won't spend it he should aim his niggles at them not us. 

I fail to see why any player would prefer Burnley to Derby anyway when they're in the same division. They didn't even fill their ground in the prem and their facilities aren't as good. 

Archived