Dyche comments on Shackell transfer

Sam_DCFC_1994

Comes across as a petty man. Clearly bitter about losing their club captain. Expected more from him really.

“Outside the Premier League there are still some clubs throwing enormous amounts of money at the situation, and Derby are one of those clubs.

“His motivation was to go there for the contract that was on offer.

“We feel we had to stand as strong, as we have done, to make sure we got the required amount of money for him.

"That's got to a point today where he's been given permission to at least speak to them.”

Dyche added: “It's highly unlikely that he won’t leave. I think it's just dotting the i's and crossing the T's.”

Never liked Dyche, something about him gives me the creeps!!

Anyways what a massive signing this could turn out to be!! Hopefully everything goes ahead as planned, he passes his medical and signs for Derby, the best team in the land. COYR :D 

When does the season start again?! so exited!!

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure it's pettiness necessarily. I'm sure he's frustrated, wouldn't you be? A little unprofessional, maybe, and it might be enough to jar a counter-statement from Derby as we remain wholly in FFP due to being so well run. We may "throw money around", but it's money to we have spare to throw around. A notable difference from clubs such as QPR.

Saw this. He's being a bit of a d!ck about the whole thing...

Using the excuse of money=bad, no more loyalty in football etc. to cover the fact that we're a more attractive prospect than Burnley at the minute.

The fact that we've got an exceptional chairman that is willing to spend to try and help us achieve our ultimate goal of promotion is something that most teams would kill for. We're forunate to have one and they haven't; I think Mr Dyche may be a little bit jealous of us at the minute having all but signed their best player...    :lol:

I'm not sure it's pettiness necessarily. I'm sure he's frustrated, wouldn't you be? A little unprofessional, maybe, and it might be enough to jar a counter-statement from Derby as we remain wholly in FFP due to being so well run. We may "throw money around", but it's money to we have spare to throw around. A notable difference from clubs such as QPR.

I'm sure Derby will respond, and in the appropriate manner. Be interesting to see what the club come back with!!

He's just cheesed off that's all, his team is being cherry picked a bit and that's bound to be frustrating. 

There might be a little envy in there an' all, but he'd do well to remember we've been through a bit of financial turbulence to get the the position we now find ourselves in. 

I won't be too hard on him though because he ties a good Windsor knot in his ties. ;)

I would hope for a statement from Derby to be fair. Dyche's comments are incredibly unprofessional, especially as our signings don't even rival fees such as Fulham paying £11 million for Ross McCormack...

We are a sustainably run club that has had the good fortune to be run by a chairman who also happens to be a fan, as many pundits have said, this is a situation most clubs can only dream of. Just because Burnley don't like to throw big sums around (which ultimately got them relegated), doesn't mean he has the right to criticise our approach for trying to improve the squad, and succeeding!

We've spent £7,000,000 on transfer fees this summer and are about to spend another £3,000,000 on Shackell. What has Dyche said that isn't true? Add to that the fact that this is the second player in three seasons we've nicked from them by offering more money and we were able to keep them away from Bryson by offering him improved terms. You can see why Dyche might have a bee in his bonnet. I do, however, find it a little ironic that the only reason Shackell ever left us for Burnley in the first place was more cash, so they can hardly be that surprised at his decision.

There's nothing wrong with us spending that money as long as we remain withing the FFP regulations, but flipping our lids every time someone points out that we've spent money is stupid.

We've spent £7,000,000 on transfer fees this summer and are about to spend another £3,000,000 on Shackell. What has Dyche said that isn't true? Add to that the fact that this is the second player in three seasons we've nicked from them by offering more money and we were able to keep them away from Bryson by offering him improved terms. You can see why Dyche might have a bee in his bonnet. I do, however, find it a little ironic that the only reason Shackell ever left us for Burnley in the first place was more cash, so they can hardly be that surprised at his decision.

There's nothing wrong with us spending that money as long as we remain withing the FFP regulations, but flipping our lids every time someone points out that we've spent money is stupid.

The fact that we are the biggest club in the league arguably. That our finances and revenue justify above all other clubs such spending. But we are not the only team that signs players or attempts to for big money. It's disingenuous. We get players on loan. We get them on a free. We dip into the loan market. We nurture our young players. People should be looking at our overall transfer policy. If we failed to make the PL for the next 3 seasons we wouldn't go out and spend £10m+ every summer on new recruits. 

In the other thread I'm sure it's mentioned that Burnley spent £3m on Keane. 

They also priced us out of Jutkeweicz or however you spell it. 

I'm sure with his tactical genius I've heard about that they'll be fine. 

If he got £3m for Shackell then why does he seem so frustrated? And why is it going to be undisclosed? 

Archived