Mason Bennett

BottrillRAM

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wish he would break through....been on the edge for a few seasons now,......gotta be a better prospect than Salmon

Clement (after a month) must have a good eye on his 22 etc....who knows....flippin not long to go now......

Looks like Albentosa....on his way

There's a search function to find all the other Mason Bennett threads asking the same thing.

Truth is, the lad's still a teenager. He's had some terrible injuries and will benefit from actually playing football, rather than sitting on the first team bench. That may well still be in the U21s, with first team appearances as needed, or it may mean going out on loan.

As for Sammon, we can only hope he's travelling as part of being in the shop window so some mug of a club thinks we might rate him, rather than being desperate to sell. And then they could pay money, or at least have him on a free, rather than us pay them a small fortune to take him off our hands.

Mason is not ready for the first team squad yet,a loan move would do him good,but only if he plays,not like the Bradford loan,where he played vert little.Mason is full of pace and power,he needs to learn to get a better first touch,and also to learn about awareness,and when to play the ball,the lad is only 19,but like others have said he needs to start to develop,if is he is to stay at Derby.

I think mason needs a loan spell , at a club which will play him week in week out and who play some nice football ! Someone like a button , Chesterfield etc etc. .. he's got potential anyone can tell that it just needs to be released :)

I think we're probably going to see a couple of loans to Burton this season, I reckon Bennett/Thomas/Santos/Bunjaku/Calero are all in for a shout! 

They've taken two u21s with them... and that seems to be purely from necessity rather than anything else...

The u21s will have their own pre-season build up to worry about... don't forget they have a new manager too...

Who are the 2?

Isaak Ssewankambo  and Hanson seem to be in contention for the match day squad.

Also Mitchell has gone which is confusing, him and Morch are the Under 21s keepers and I doubt Mitchell will get any game time tbh

Who are the 2?

Also Mitchell has gone which is confusing, him and Morch are the Under 21s keepers and I doubt Mitchell will get any game time tbh

Ssewankambo and Mitchell.

Can't (be bothered) to find the link to the article but it's on the main site and specifically references there being only two u21s going... and them names them as the above...

Hanson MUST therefore be considered to be a senior player now... we know he's got a squad number and the above info suggests he's considered senior squad now and not an u21...

I would imagine Mitchell has gone because our main GK coach has gone... We won't have a dedicated u21 GK coach (I imagine) so would be useful to get him coaching time still this week...

Ssewankambo still our cover at RB rather than first team squad methinks

Who are the 2?

I guess in Mitchell's case, they needed a 3rd keeper and it might do him good to spend time with the first team in the training camp. For players like Bennett, they've had enough 'squad experience' with the first team, so travelling to the camp won't give him anything new.

Can't (be bothered) to find the link to the article but it's on the main site and specifically references there being only two u21s going... and them names them as the above...

Hanson MUST therefore be considered to be a senior player now... we know he's got a squad number and the above info suggests he's considered senior squad now and not an u21...

I would imagine Mitchell has gone because our main GK coach has gone... We won't have a dedicated u21 GK coach (I imagine) so would be useful to get him coaching time still this week...

http://mobile.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/rams-squad-get-set-for-holland-training-camp-2556917.aspx

"Under 21s duo Jonathan Mitchell and Isak Ssewankambo will also join the squad on tour."

Hanson is in the squad but not mentioned as an "Under 21". So clearly counts as a first teamer in his own right 

http://mobile.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/rams-squad-get-set-for-holland-training-camp-2556917.aspx

"Under 21s duo Jonathan Mitchell and Isak Ssewankambo will also join the squad on tour."

Hanson is in the squad but not mentioned as an "Under 21". So clearly counts as a first teamer in his own right 

Looking good for Hanson then, seeing him for the Under 21s I had no doubt that he would impress Paul, great technique and vision for such a young age and a CB, just wish Rawson was given an opportunity

Looking good for Hanson then, seeing him for the Under 21s I had no doubt that he would impress Paul, great technique and vision for such a young age and a CB, just wish Rawson was given an opportunity

Hanson is looking more and more like a midfielder. I hope he gets a few more games this year, hopefully in less pressurised circumstances as it can't have been easy for him to make an impression last year being relied upon the way he was.

Let's not hope for a Will Hughes style breakthrough though, that's a rarity!

Hanson has a year and a bit on Rawson. Plus getting a full season with the first team at Rotherham will stand him in good stead. Who knows, if he performs well enough, we might be able to recall him in January - depending on the loan terms.

Archived