Mason Bennett

BottrillRAM

Hanson has a year and a bit on Rawson. Plus getting a full season with the first team at Rotherham will stand him in good stead. Who knows, if he performs well enough, we might be able to recall him in January - depending on the loan terms.

Rawson's loan is until January, while Roos is for the full season. I expect Rawson's can be recalled if need be after the first month.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hanson is looking more and more like a midfielder. I hope he gets a few more games this year, hopefully in less pressurised circumstances as it can't have been easy for him to make an impression last year being relied upon the way he was.

Let's not hope for a Will Hughes style breakthrough though, that's a rarity!

Ive said this countless of times on here, Hanson is special. He holds his own as a CB, wins a lot in the air despite his height, but he has that magic, I remember one game when he went up for a free kick, I knew he could hit them and waited in anticipation, he stepped up and got incredible power and dip on it but hit the post, then he had another chance later on and rattled the woodwork, easily the best free kick taker in the squad (or at least on par with Ince).

Another memory of note was when he pinged an Xabi Alonso-esque Hollywood pass straight to the feet of Calero (who killed it dead) He was at CB and I have never seen a pass like it other than from a Ramos or an Alonso

Hanson has a year and a bit on Rawson. Plus getting a full season with the first team at Rotherham will stand him in good stead. Who knows, if he performs well enough, we might be able to recall him in January - depending on the loan terms.

We would be stupid if we don't have a call-back clause. He is a very good CB, physical and has an old-fashioned approach of if in doubt kick it out which we have needed countless times

Ive said this countless of times on here, Hanson is special. He holds his own as a CB, wins a lot in the air despite his height, but he has that magic, I remember one game when he went up for a free kick, I knew he could hit them and waited in anticipation, he stepped up and got incredible power and dip on it but hit the post, then he had another chance later on and rattled the woodwork, easily the best free kick taker in the squad (or at least on par with Ince).

Another memory of note was when he pinged an Xabi Alonso-esque Hollywood pass straight to the feet of Calero (who killed it dead) He was at CB and I have never seen a pass like it other than from a Ramos or an Alonso

We would be stupid if we don't have a call-back clause. He is a very good CB, physical and has an old-fashioned approach of if in doubt kick it out which we have needed countless times

I think he would be a little out of his depth at CB at this level right now. Maybe long term his future lies at CB but for now he can make the biggest contribution, imo, in the middle.

Bennett needs to go out on loan and make some sort of impact, thus far he has show a few flashes of ability but on the whole not been anywhere near good enough. Sadly I think he will eventually move on and try and make a career in the game. He was a great academy player, (where he was bigger and stronger than everyone else) but as many young lads he hasn't really kicked on

I think he would be a little out of his depth at CB at this level right now. Maybe long term his future lies at CB but for now he can make the biggest contribution, imo, in the middle.

100% he wouldn't handle a Yakubu for example, he is a long way off becoming the next Fabio Cannavaro that's for sure

Archived