Albentosa to Malaga - Loan

Srg

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hahahaha!

'Raul, we really like you, but could you please ask your wife to pee on this before we commit'? 

she was about 8 months pregnant.....i'm sure even you would have noticed.

A bit of a cock-up but I think it's important for us to decrease the number of bodies we have in defence. Whilst neither are brilliant, Keogh/Buxton has always worked well as a partnership, Pearce is a proven player at this level, Shotton offers a bit of versatility; although hopefully we can move him out and bring in Shackell.

Malaga is a seriously good move for Albentosa and it looks like the club haven't stepped in his way of a move. I imagine all his wages will be paid for, including a little loan payment, so it seems like a good deal all round. 

I would have liked him to stay, but it was never going to be easy for him. In terms of what we saw last season, there is nothing to suggest anything other than he's just a bad player. 

Expose the defense... We were almost never hit on the counter attack. Almost never out numbered. We played a DM for christ sake. 

You're only proving his point. The defence got worse when we couldn't field a defensive midfielder because they were all injured.

You're only proving his point. The defence got worse when we couldn't field a defensive midfielder because they were all injured.

How many games did we not play a DM? Many teams manage to play without one. They don't fall apart without them. I am not proving their point at all. It's about time people started holding our defenders accountable. This constant talk of attack as a team and defend as a team is getting tiring. It's being applied to every defensive fault. While the only defender that attacks and defends 'as a team' is Buxton. Good old reliable Buxton. 

it's exactly why when a team is at the edge of our box attacking, or has a set piece many people are deeply concerned.   Yet when it is us attacking they are no where near as confident in us scoring as they are worried about the opposition scoring against us. The amount of times I say myself or someone around me at home games that they are going to score here or we voice the mistake by which defender before it happens is getting tiring. Take when Boro played against us at home last season. Every time we got a corner against them no one round me thought we had a hope of scoring. We could all feel it. That is how our opposition fans should feel more often. 

Malaga is a seriously good move for Albentosa.

really?

their form in the latter part of the season was abysmal......even worse than us.

pld 25 w 5 d 5 L 15

Never did a thing to impress me while he was here. Good luck to the lad, but glad we're moving on.

But are we?

Apart from pinning hopes on Shackell, the likelihood of which recedes on an almost daily basis, I am not seeing any coherent plan that we have overhauled the defence in any signifcant way. We've played a few combinations and are possibly going to try a couple more if/when bucko is fit but that is all.

Baird is in and might be RB, or CB (but a bit small say some) or is a CDM.

Doesn't smack of being where we intended to be.

Archived