Albentosa to Malaga - Loan

Srg

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree to a point, but I'd still rather not go into the season with just those four, especially as one of them is Shotton. 

In Shotton's defence, he has NOT been allowed a run in the team and his confidence has been eroded because of this. Shotton played in the Premiership in a highly structured defence. Central defensive partnerships need many games played together to be really good in most cases. Send Shotton on loan until Xmas. He does not deserve the critcism level that he is receiving on here. We have reaped what we have sowed. Many months ago someone on here kept saying 'do not slate the players because you will regret it'. This is now the case.

If that is true, then even more of a case for not slating him. He seems a very enthusistic guy to me. 

I'm not slating him. Just haven't seen any evidence yet that would make me confident in having him as one of only four CBs. Too much of a gamble for me.

don't think it is true, guy at work who is a stoke fan said his original position was cb. He also is still laughing at me for derby signing him... :ermm:

I'm not sure now, I'll have to ask my mates, most of them are Potters. I thought that he broke into the Stoke team just as the Huth/Shawcross CB pairing was in full effect.

I do feel we need to get a riddle on with signing defenders.

For us to stand a chance of going up Clement needs his squad assembled ASAP so he can find his best 11.

Mclaren failed mainly because he spent a lot of the season tinkering with his side. The last thing we need is going into August with a back 4 that don't know each other.

Im sure that won't be the case and have faith that Sam and Morris know what they are doing.

I do feel we need to get a riddle on with signing defenders.

For us to stand a chance of going up Clement needs his squad assembled ASAP so he can find his best 11.

Mclaren failed mainly because he spent a lot of the season tinkering with his side. The last thing we need is going into August with a back 4 that don't know each other.

Im sure that won't be the case and have faith that Sam and Morris know what they are doing.

We need a good quality addition but if we start with Keogh & Pearce we aren't doing too bad. Bucko soon to be fit.

Clement must think  - he should move him on......cant be good enough - hes had a good luck

To be fair he has never had a chance.

I trust Clement....and we would have not let Albentosa go - unless we have a new CB - reckon  - thats on for announcement tomoz.........

You are over rating la liga. There are a few very good sides and a lot of distinctly average.

your overrating the championship, if your going to try and convince me la liga isnt better than championship or that derby are a better side than malaga then your going to be here all day, and tomorrow, and the one after that as well... the disticntly average la liga side would most likely trounce nearly every side in this league, including us

malaga have surely seen albentosa play for us last season, and although he wasnt great, a better side has looked past that into his incredulous form for eibar and decided "heck i wanna peice of that, thats one hell of a player there, worthy risk"

I trust paul clement and the backroom staff to make the right decision, but its stuff like this where some derby fans dont think hes good enough, but better teams in better leagues do; make's me damn happy that the fans don't make the decisions behind the club

Archived