ALBENTOSA

ColchesterRam

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Musepach when you moved abroad did you fit in straight away? Did you not row with the wife and question if you should give up? Or was it all plain sailing from the day you got there? 

we have touched on this in one of the many Albentosa threads. 

Moving and working abroad is very easy, even when a foreign language is spoken.

Often you arrive the night before and you go straight into action. 

It's not that hard to do that. So to use it as an excuse it's lame.   

Football is an international game, knowing how to pass a ball shouldn't be that hard.  

reminiscent of Claude Davis

That's harsh... Nobody should ever be accused of that... 

That video makes him look pretty good to be fair. Glosses over a lot of his sloppy play, obviously, but is a decent example of what he can do well.

I seem to remember when we were first trying to sign him there being a highlights reel of Eibar getting spanked (might have been by Real?) and a couple of the goals he was woefully out of position... but may have been trying to cover for other people? Very Keogh-esque for me in that regard...

we have touched on this in one of the many Albentosa threads. 

Moving and working abroad is very easy, even when a foreign language is spoken.

Often you arrive the night before and you go straight into action. 

It's not that hard to do that. So to use it as an excuse it's lame.   

Football is an international game, knowing how to pass a ball shouldn't be that hard.  

Maybe for you it is.

Then again the clue is in the name ;-)

There were no games last season where he played well. Fact.

Thats not criticising your own players, thats speaking the truth. Anyone who disagrees with that are blinded by the fact he has a fancy foreign name.

Wigan away last year he was especially awful, reminiscent of Claude Davis, in the sense that you literally had no idea what was gonna happen when he had the ball.

I would absolutely love it if he turned out to be immense, but I highly doubt it.

You obviously didn't watch him against Norwich. He was an absolute wall that day. 

You obviously didn't watch him against Norwich. He was an absolute wall that day. 

Well i did...and he was ok, that is as good as it got, certainly nowhere near "an absolute wall"....the reason we got the point was down to Lee Grant and Norwich woefull finishing, not down to Albentosa at all.....and I also watched the Wolves game where he was torn to shreads by two very average strikers.

Defensively he was ok at Norwich but his ball distribution was either snail slow or mountain high. 

But he has only played a scattered handful of games in a ever changing defence not adequately protected with a bang out of form keeper. 

Don't think he looked very good. But he has excuses. Come August there will be no excuses. 

He was bloody awful last season. Unfortunately we bought him, can’t send him back, and now have to hope he improves - maybe then someone somewhere can somehow justify Chris Evans’ salary.

We have Shotton, Warnock and Albentosa in the squad yet some still want to criticise Keogh and Buxton. Bonkers.

He was bloody awful last season. Unfortunately we bought him, can’t send him back, and now have to hope he improves - maybe then someone somewhere can somehow justify Chris Evans’ salary.

We have Shotton, Warnock and Albentosa in the squad yet some still want to criticise Keogh and Buxton. Bonkers.

Name 1 major mistake that Albentosa did?

Well i did...and he was ok, that is as good as it got, certainly nowhere near "an absolute wall"....the reason we got the point was down to Lee Grant and Norwich woefull finishing, not down to Albentosa at all.....and I also watched the Wolves game where he was torn to shreads by two very average strikers.

Yeah, Dicko and Afobe are both very average strikers. Only scored 47 between them last season, pfft. Average. 

How many minutes has had actually on the pitch ?

how many times has he played a full game

how many times has he been on the pitch in a settled side in reasonable form

how many minutes has he been on the pitch fully match fit 

I suggest that it isn't very many and any judgments we have ( my own positive one included ) are pretty meaningless.                      I reserve judgement until he has had 3 full games preferably consecutive ones. 

Archived