ALBENTOSA

ColchesterRam

He played agaisnt Messi and Ronaldo... what a pathetic argument.

Hendirck, Keogh even Jamie Ward have "played against Ronaldo" i dare say that Shotton may have done too....

but were they in the team of the week with Messi and Ronaldo?

If we have to hear the constant nonsense about how keogh must be decent because he was in the championship team of the year, then I think it's only fair that Raul gets some kudos for his achievement. 

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

but were they in the team of the week with Messi and Ronaldo?

If we have to hear the constant nonsense about how keogh must be decent because he was in the championship team of the year, then I think it's only fair that Raul gets some kudos for his achievement. 

Exactly... and Shotton, dont forget him, he has been in the team of the week a few times....and that was in the Premiershite, which as we all know is the BEST league in the world.....the universe...

He played agaisnt Messi and Ronaldo... what a pathetic argument.

Hendirck, Keogh even Jamie Ward have "played against Ronaldo" i dare say that Shotton may have done too....

And all those played against him in an International. They were in the top division in arguably the best league in the world when he played for Eibar. I'm not saying he is the best in the world, were not even in the top division in England. he obviously knows what it's like to be playing against the best players in the world and what it's like to win a promotion.

It's not an argument, it's an opinion my Opinion and I believe he will be one of the best CB's in League this year. "Shoot me down at the end of the season if he's not".

Where did I say he caught PC's Eye? I said he would of analysed him "in Real Madrid's war room". 

Muespach - I know you are a real fan as you travel to see the rams, I know you will be singing next year like the rest of us.. But I think Albentosa will be a fans favorite and when I see you half way though the season I will let YOU buy me a beer and discuss how he's getting on then. 

I can't believe the naysayers in this. Ok I didn't see any away performances but his first 45 at home last season were excellent. He had presence, control, obvious strength and could play a pass without looking hurried. After that he had injury problems .. I guess linked to those arch supports ! .. He played a game with Keogh and they plainly couldn't communicate and weren't on the same hymn sheet. .. He has had F all game time so hasty judgments are meaningless. The OP is right .. We need input ! .. But on the basis of that original first 45 last season I want him at RCB and think ( oh ok hope ! ) we have a hidden gem in our midst. 

To the people using the argument that Shotton is an ex premier league player,he wasn't a vital part of his team like Albentosa was. Albentosa has the experience of getting promoted and was arguably Eibar's most important player. Stoke didn't turn to rubbish when Shotton left whereas Eibar did when Albentosa left. Albentosa has to play as the right centre back and then we will see a new player.

To the people using the argument that Shotton is an ex premier league player,he wasn't a vital part of his team like Albentosa was. Albentosa has the experience of getting promoted and was arguably Eibar's most important player. Stoke didn't turn to rubbish when Shotton left whereas Eibar did when Albentosa left. Albentosa has to play as the right centre back and then we will see a new player.

You have absolutely no idea how important he was to Eibar, never mind if he was their "most important player".....he played 30 odd games the season they went up....but didnt Keogh play 40 odd for us last season..??

He could play anywhere on the pitch and he will be the sameplayer, a cart horse, whereas Shotton has played all over the place, even up front in European games scoring a couple of times too...!

And technically Shotton was on Stokes books when they got got promoted too.

It's been well documented by the Spanish media how important Albentosa was to Eibar. I'd keep him over Shotton all day!

If you think our sports media is partisan, it's nothing compared to the Spanish.

I don't mean that to suggest that Albentosa is crap, but that we have to go on what we see rather than past reputation - and it's largely the club's fault. We massively and needlessly over-hyped his transfer, revealing him to an embarrassing amount of fanfare, which fans took to mean that he was our saviour. Not only did this pile heaps of pressure on Raul's shoulders from day one, but completely removed any kind of sympathy from the fans in terms of giving him time to adapt - why should we, the club has already marketed him as the best thing since sliced bread? Do you know how many clubs Chris Evans said were chasing him? Or that Mel Morris flew him in his private jet? He should be like Stimac straight out of the block!

The reality, of course, is that he was some way off being able to show us form close to that of what he showed at Eibar to earn him the transfer in the first place. Unsettled, unfit and in a struggling team, the circumstances weren't ideal. And absolutely every mistake, teething issue and slight misjudgment has been scrutinised and exaggerated to the nth degree.

If the club hadn't spun the transfer like they did, Albentosa would be given as wide a berth as any Derby player yet to make a dozen appearances. Hope they learn from that.

You have absolutely no idea how important he was to Eibar, never mind if he was their "most important player".....he played 30 odd games the season they went up....but didnt Keogh play 40 odd for us last season..??

He could play anywhere on the pitch and he will be the sameplayer, a cart horse, whereas Shotton has played all over the place, even up front in European games scoring a couple of times too...!

And technically Shotton was on Stokes books when they got got promoted too.

Firstly they play less games in the spanish championship,secondly Albentosa has proved that he has the mental strength to help a team get promoted and was an integral part of that team. You say that Keogh played 40 odd games for us but he hasn't helped us gain promotion has he?You call Albentosa a cart horse but he hasn't had the chance to prove himself in his favoured right centre back formation. At the weekend he played there and played very well. 

Firstly they play less games in the spanish championship,secondly Albentosa has proved that he has the mental strength to help a team get promoted and was an integral part of that team. You say that Keogh played 40 odd games for us but he hasn't helped us gain promotion has he?You call Albentosa a cart horse but he hasn't had the chance to prove himself in his favoured right centre back formation. At the weekend he played there and played very well. 

Because it is REALLY hard to get out of the Spanish second division, thos powerhouses of Gymnasitc Tarragona cant be underestimated.....  Tell me how you know he was "integral", you know nothing at all about his season in the Spanish second division, if you do, and you watch it regularly then i apologise to you....but i am thinking that you dont.

and i wasnt saying that Keogh was any good i was raising exactly the opposite point, Keog has played even more games than Albentosa so mcust be even more "integral" and yet  just like Albentosa, he is a cart horse that we have to get rid of if we are to stand any chance of getting promoted.

On Saturday he was playing for half a game against a non league team in a friendly....I could have played that and looked good for gods sake.

The revista de la liga panel,who know a hell of a lot more than a lot of us on here do, said that Eibar's form dipped because Albentosa was sold,they said he was the rock in their defence.

Yes, a rock in a beleaguered defence which called for kick it & head it tactics. If you want a football playing centre back then Raul is not your man. If you want "kick it & head it" to coin Nigel's expression then he may be your man.

Personally I hoped we were past league 1 tactics.

Because it is REALLY hard to get out of the Spanish second division, thos powerhouses of Gymnasitc Tarragona cant be underestimated.....  Tell me how you know he was "integral", you know nothing at all about his season in the Spanish second division, if you do, and you watch it regularly then i apologise to you....but i am thinking that you dont.

and i wasnt saying that Keogh was any good i was raising exactly the opposite point, Keog has played even more games than Albentosa so mcust be even more "integral" and yet  just like Albentosa, he is a cart horse that we have to get rid of if we are to stand any chance of getting promoted.

On Saturday he was playing for half a game against a non league team in a friendly....I could have played that and looked good for gods sake.

Yet Keogh and Shotton struggled. Even the Revista de la liga panel said that Albentosa was a key member of Eibar and that the reason for their decline at the end of the season was because Albentosa was sold.

Yet Keogh and Shotton struggled. Even the Revista de la liga panel said that Albentosa was a key member of Eibar and that the reason for their decline at the end of the season was because Albentosa was sold.

oh, right, you are basing your opinion on journalism.... oh sorry, you must be right then, i take it all back RAUL IS GOD....

Yes, a rock in a beleaguered defence which called for kick it & head it tactics. If you want a football playing centre back then Raul is not your man. If you want "kick it & head it" to coin Nigel's expression then he may be your man.

Personally I hoped we were past league 1 tactics.

Sometimes you need that kind of player. I don't like bringing this up but if Keogh  hoofed it into the crowd we wouldn't have lost the play off final. It's naive to think that you can get promoted from this division by just having "footballing centre backs."

Archived