ALBENTOSA

ColchesterRam

There's a few nagging things that make me question his effectiveness in this league: 

A) He has no pace

B) His distribution wasn't very good. 

Hoepfully Clement can find a good player in there. With a good pre season getting used to his new systems then hopefully he will improve. 

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's been absolutely awful in every single league game he's played.

That fair enough??

No way that he was awful every single league game I'm not having that. But let's just leave it there! 

No way that he was awful every single league game I'm not having that. But let's just leave it there! 

Surely you can understand why people dont rate him though?? He's been terrible in the main.

If you disagree then your bananas.

Surely you can understand why people dont rate him though?? He's been terrible in the main.

If you disagree then your bananas.

But he wasn't 'THAT' bad as people makes out though. He was immense against Norwich away and 2 games as well. So hopefully he'll prove everyone wrong for sure. Feel free to drag this up in May 2016! 

He's similar to mertesacker in the way he plays and goes about it on the pitch. I don't thinks he's as slow as people think either. Him. And shackell would be pretty solid i reckon. I would also rather see rawson ( if fit) in pre season at centre back than Shotton. I'm convinced that if he plays any more games in that position he will cost us. His positional and awareness is as poor as I can remember seeing on a football pitch for some time. He didn't listen to keogh on Saturday, completely ignored him. thats where our problems lie. No leaders at the back. 

I honestly believe under the right guidance he will be our best defender this year. If he was that rubbish he wouldn't be playing against Messi, Ronaldo etc week in week out. I know Eibar are a team so small the could be called F**est but the fans seemed to love him. 

I'm sure PC knows some about him as he would of been analyzing him each time he came up against Eibar. He will of analysed his games and training so far and I believe he will be lining up with Shackell by the start of the season. we will have the best CB's in league this year. 

There's a few nagging things that make me question his effectiveness in this league: 

A) He has no pace

B) His distribution wasn't very good. 

Hoepfully Clement can find a good player in there. With a good pre season getting used to his new systems then hopefully he will improve. 

You are Ryan Shotton and i claim my £5

I honestly believe under the right guidance he will be our best defender this year. If he was that rubbish he wouldn't be playing against Messi, Ronaldo etc week in week out. I know Eibar are a team so small the could be called F**est but the fans seemed to love him. 

I'm sure PC knows some about him as he would of been analyzing him each time he came up against Eibar. He will of analysed his games and training so far and I believe he will be lining up with Shackell by the start of the season. we will have the best CB's in league this year. 

Great post!

He played against Real once last year and they lost 4-0 at home.

I'm sure he caught PC's eye though.

:blink:

He played agaisnt Messi and Ronaldo... what a pathetic argument.

Hendirck, Keogh even Jamie Ward have "played against Ronaldo" i dare say that Shotton may have done too....

Archived