ALBENTOSA

ColchesterRam

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent news, best bit of transfer activity so far. 

He is a donkey, it's obvious after watching him for a few seconds and looks like Clement realised that soon enough too. 

Okay, we get it. You don't like him, and neither do a lot of people including myself, but I was hoping to be proved wrong.

It's done now, he's gone and I doubt he would ever wear a Derby shirt again. I'd like to wish him all the best in the hope that Evans and Steve didn't completely destroy his good career he was having before coming here.

"I think that would be a good fit for him after his experience here last year, where he probably struggled to fit a little bit, particularly culturally, so that will be good for him. He's going to a good club, he's going to get some good experience there, he's still a Derby player so we will be monitoring him closely, and we hope he does very well"

Paul Clement

Possibly so that we get a fee for him, or possibly because we haven't given up on him, time will tell.

Players get sent on loan, not always for negative reasons. Wilshire went to Bolton. Beckham to Preston etc. 

He might settle in a lot better and we'll get a fee for him. Or he may be excellent, get some confidence back, and come back the player he has the potential to be. Either way, win win hopefully. 

Disappointed Raul has not settled in, makes me suspect and worry that there might be a clique atmosphere within the squad that needs to be addressed.  He can help his cause while on loan by continuing his English classes and so be better set on his return.  He has been unfairly criticized IMO, dealt with injury and never used in his favored position on the right.  If the plan was to use him as a left central defender then that was probably a mistake.

Dunno about 'clique', that's harsh. Can you imagine just all of a sudden accepting someone into your group of mates who doesn't speak a word of English? You can be as polite and as inclusive as you like but until they're fluent in English it's always going to be a struggle. He's probably still some way off holding a conversation that's not small talk, let alone banter.

The problem is that he was one of very few foreigners in the squad. It's not such an issue a more cosmopolitan dressing room - Tevez, Park and Evra for example used to be best mates at United, but none of them could understand a word they said to each other. 

You raise some valid points Duracell, perhaps i am being harsh.  Maybe the only way of sowing the seeds for a cosmopolitan dressing room ( and we will need one if we go up) is signing a bunch of foreigners at a time and that's hardly likely at this point in time.  Just sour that Raul had to go, hope he returns.  Along with his English classes, perhaps take up a crash course in banter as well, heh.

We appear to be starting to assemble first team squad and  U21 players from a variety of countries in Europe. we are seeing players from Spain, Germany, Austria, Slovenia, Poland, Uganda,Sweden and DCR Congo etc. we need to develop strategies to successfully integrate these players,

We have a strategy, sign them play them,send them back .

if we have players from the continent on our books a lot of our fans will be happy..

Tottenham sold Gareth Bale for 93 million,and most  Spurs fans thought the money was thrown away on foreign imports.

The Director of football with the board can make or break a club,and Derbys new set up is not proven yet.

Some of their signings are not inspiring----Whitbread-Shotton--Warnock--Christie----Albentosa to name but a few.

We are now into year 6 of a 5 year plan,1 manager and 2 Head coaches in 2 years.

The hands on role adopted by the new chairman and board and excepted by the fans,especially with all our new found wealth,.should put us into the Premiership over the next two seasons,or the  Stability period under Clough.The next level

with a director of football,and Head Coach under Maclaren.and now the next chapter,changes at the academy,

all new coaches under a new exiting Head Coach in Clements,and serious money invested.

Lets all hope the vision of the modern football club sold to the board by Sam Rush works.

And we the fans enjoy the ride.its not a new dawn,just the journey is a little longer,but when did a 5 year plan work

As Derby fans 7 is good

Archived