ALBENTOSA

ColchesterRam

Can anyone tell me how the big man got on at the weekend.

How did he perform next to Pearce, was he doing his usual pump the ball long antics, was he confident on the ball and did he looked composed at all?

I know he only played 45 minutes so you probably can't take a great deal from it but I can't help but get the feeling that if this guy gets a decent pre-season under his belt and stays away from a CB partnership with Keogh, he may turn out to be a valuable player for us this coming season.

thoughts?

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds promising I really hope he settles and fits in,I thought he was a steal when we finally got him and although his performances have had mixed reviews believe that PC may be able to get the best out of him.Just need to give the lad a chance and get behind him,I think he came into the team at the wrong time and obviously had off the field issues settling in.Raul could make a big difference to our season if he only mets our expectations .Heres hoping

Can anyone tell me how the big man got on at the weekend.

How did he perform next to Pearce, was he doing his usual pump the ball long antics, was he confident on the ball and did he looked composed at all?

I know he only played 45 minutes so you probably can't take a great deal from it but I can't help but get the feeling that if this guy gets a decent pre-season under his belt and stays away from a CB partnership with Keogh, he may turn out to be a valuable player for us this coming season.

thoughts?

i can tell you, i didnt go, have read nothing about it..

he was useles... he always is.

Hard to judge really, didn't have much to do as Grimsby weren't pressing anywhere near as much in the second half as they did in the first.

Distribution was much better than what we've seen. Although his attacking on corners could do with some improvement - but its more important he keeps goals out than scores them.

Hard to judge really, didn't have much to do as Grimsby weren't pressing anywhere near as much in the second half as they did in the first.

Distribution was much better than what we've seen. Although his attacking on corners could do with some improvement - but its more important he keeps goals out than scores them.

At least he had a chance from a corner, I don't remember the last time a defender other than Buxton got a chance from a corner and even his were few and far between.

We need to continue playing him as a rcb to see the best out of him

I can't see that happening whilst Keogh is still at the club. 

I'm going to pop on my tin hat now and say Id like to see Albentosa, Pearce, Shackell ( when he signs) and Rawson battle it out for the centre back spots this coming season. I feel we could find some good balance from these players.

I can't see that happening whilst Keogh is still at the club. 

I'm going to pop on my tin hat now and say Id like to see Albentosa, Pearce, Shackell ( when he signs) and Rawson battle it out for the centre back spots this coming season. I feel we could find some good balance from these players.

I'd also like to see that

I think of the parts of his game i was most impressed with on saturday, was his distribution with his head, when grimsby hoofed the ball up he would head it precisely to the person to his left or right. I know it doesnt sound like much, but it quickly takes all pressure off us and puts us back on the attack.

I think of the parts of his game i was most impressed with on saturday, was his distribution with his head, when grimsby hoofed the ball up he would head it precisely to the person to his left or right. I know it doesnt sound like much, but it quickly takes all pressure off us and puts us back on the attack.

He did that once or twice at Wigan last season, and a couple of guys in front of me were moaning as his 'weak defensive headers'. We really have our fair share of dimwits supporting the club.

He did that once or twice at Wigan last season, and a couple of guys in front of me were moaning as his 'weak defensive headers'. We really have our fair share of dimwits supporting the club.

but at least they are our dimwits.

p.s. no idea what point i'm trying to make there, but i thought it was time i posted something.

but at least they are our dimwits.

p.s. no idea what point i'm trying to make there, but i thought it was time i posted something.

In all seriousness, I would rather they supported the opposition.

He was our best player for me. 

Completely different player to the one we saw last season, long may it continue! 

Really hope you're right Ambitious. The player we thought we were signing would be a huge bonus. 

Was only 45 minutes against Grimsby in July though. Won't be counting any chickens yet.

In all seriousness, I would rather they supported the opposition.

They help 

A good few opposition managers spoke about keeping tight early on and try and frustrate the crowd.

frustrated crowd > tense players > bad decisions/mistakes and rushed play. 

All helps. Just not us.

Archived