Klitschko v Fury

Dale The Ram

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, -JW- said:

Alway the same with klitschko fights. Fury did exactly what he needed to do.

I've no complaints about Fury. It's not his fault that Vlad seemed to think he could retain the title by throwing 2 punches per round.

1 minute ago, Anon said:

I've no complaints about Fury. It's not his fault that Vlad seemed to think he could retain the title by throwing 2 punches per round.

Wlad has fought turkeys for the past 5 years. Put someone good infront of him and he's clueless. 

Just now, -JW- said:

Wlad has fought turkeys for the past 5 years. Put someone good infront of him and he's clueless. 

Can't comment on Klitschko's past, as I said, I normally steer clear of heavyweights. I'm just dumbstruck by his tactics. His corner literally told him after 9 "there's no way back, you have to knock him out" and he still doesn't throw until 12. Fury didn't even look tired. Maybe I should start praying to Jesus if he can instill such apathy in my opponents.

Fair play to him, full of confidence since his days on channel 5 and never ducked anyone. He called out Haye, Price and both found reasons not to fight him.

He's a dick, but heavyweight champion of the world. A fight with Wilder might be a bit more difficult. 

Onto Degale later on, I think the press are writing off Bute too easily. Saw him v Froch a few years ago and he got caught out by a brilliant performance by Froch. Lack of firepower from Degale might tell. 

Wild, idiotic chaos. 

That's why I'm glad Fury has done. 

Wlad got boring years ago. Great champion though.

Joshua will be the one to carry the flag though. Fury just saving it for him until Joshua realises not everyone goes to sleep inside a few minutes. 

27 minutes ago, Anon said:

Can't comment on Klitschko's past, as I said, I normally steer clear of heavyweights. I'm just dumbstruck by his tactics. His corner literally told him after 9 "there's no way back, you have to knock him out" and he still doesn't throw until 12. Fury didn't even look tired. Maybe I should start praying to Jesus if he can instill such apathy in my opponents.

I think he was knackered and was probably more concerned about making sure he didn't get knocked out himself and further embarrassed.

I thought Wlad would win it easily on points, got it totally wrong.

It's not that I underestimated Fury's boxing ability, because for a big fella he displayed great footwork and excellent movement. I vastly overrated Wlad's ability to dominate even against bigger men.

I didn't watch the Jennings fight but the general consensus suggested that Wlad looked like he aged a lot in that fight, and maybe he went into the Fury fight even further on the slide.

I wouldn't be surprised if he retires. There seemed no fight in him, like that spark just wasn't there anymore. He fought Wach who is a big guy so it's not like Fury was something completely new to him.

Don't want to take anything away from Fury though. Him being champion is great for the sport.

I reckon Povetkin could be his next opponent. It makes sense, and a win there should see him go on to face AJ, Dillan White (who is a good boxer regardless of whether he loses to AJ or not) and Wilder.

Well done Fury, dislike the bloke but a British Champion none the less.

Wladmir should retire, with Hayden Panitierre (however you spell it) waiting at home I wouldve given up years ago.

Sad to see the greatest heavyweight of my generation be beaten.

Any ideas why Fury always has his belt at nipple height with padding duct taped to his mid-rift underneath???

Anthony Joshua is good but at 26 he cannot achieve what the other greats have achieved unless he goes on an incredible unbeaten run, which may be easy due to the lack of quality in boxing today. Sad to think that really

Can understand why people call him personality wise, but he's funny at times too. Just heard his press conference snippets on the Beeb.

Did he really say "ive always said take all the glitz and glamour out of boxing and you are left with a load of bare arses in a shower" :lol:

Wladimir Klitschko will attempt to regain his world heavyweight titles by taking up his option for a rematch with new champion Tyson Fury next year.

Briton Fury, 27, beat the Ukrainian in Dusseldorf, Germany, on Saturday to take the WBA, IBF and WBO belts.

The contract for the fight included a clause for a rematch, for which the date and the venue have to be decided.

"Failure is not an option," said Klitschko, 39, on his prospects of winning back his titles.

"I was really frustrated directly after the fight, but after some short nights, I now know that I am much better than my performance on Saturday.

"I couldn't show much full potential at any time. This is what I want to change in the rematch, and I will."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/34985570

Archived