Klitschko v Fury

Dale The Ram

Don't think it is too soon, he is 2nd seed for the WBC and 3rd seed for the WBO. He deserves a shot with Wilder and if he wins that I think he will be favourite to shut up shot.

He is 25 which is reasonably young, if he looks after himself like Klitschko (which I think he was studying when he trained with him) then he could be a force. Problem is the golden ages have gone in my opinion.

He's had 14 pro fights though, if he goes up against a Champion and gets battered, his stock will sink like a stone. He'll be just another rising star who got destroyed by the Champ, and that's him done. It's not a straightforward progression in that division. The Champions are on another level to the challengers, hence why nobody seems to be able to knock them off.

He's getting there, but he's not even been past 3 rounds yet. How can we possibly know if he's ready until he's fought a few more? A total of 24 pro rounds. Or if you work out the minutes spent in the ring - a total of 53 minutes and 2 seconds - it's equal to only about 18 rounds.

Very inexperienced.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's had 14 pro fights though, if he goes up against a Champion and gets battered, his stock will sink like a stone. He'll be just another rising star who got destroyed by the Champ, and that's him done. It's not a straightforward progression in that division. The Champions are on another level to the challengers, hence why nobody seems to be able to knock them off.

He's getting there, but he's not even been past 3 rounds yet. How can we possibly know if he's ready until he's fought a few more? A total of 24 pro rounds. Or if you work out the minutes spent in the ring - a total of 53 minutes and 2 seconds - it's equal to only about 18 rounds.

Very inexperienced.

No doubt he is inexperienced as you have outlined but his physicality indicates he needs a better opponent to go the distance, it may ruin his reputation but it could give him a great lesson for his next chance at a title.

So its been confirmed that Tyson Fury has a shot at the WBA, IBF and WBO Belts but Wladmir Klitschko is standing in his way.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/general/boxing/tyson-fury-to-fight-wba-ibf-and-wbo-heavyweight-champion-wladimir-klitschko-10370157.html

In my opinion Fury needs to hit the gym and hit it hard if he stands any chance.

I can see this being a classic boxing lesson taught by Dr.Steelhammer

Figured this would happen eventually. As for the fight itself, I just think Wladimir has too much for him and will win in a decision.

Fury is the bigger man, which helps, but as someone said above Tyson needs to hit the training hard. Klitshko always comes in ripped and ready and Tyson always looks like he's carrying a stone of fat to me. Fury is the outsider, but he's a dirty ******* in a scrap and I wouldn't write him off if it gets messy. Whether he can break down the champions defence without getting worn down on the way in is another matter. I'd have my 10p on Klitschko on points, but I'll be supporting Fury.

Klitschko is a massive favourite. He's a much better technical fighter, it's in Germany and Tyson Fury for his size really doesn't have the best of knockout records.

Fury's only hope of winning is by knockout, as there is no way he'll beat Klitschko on points. What's his chances of beating Wlad by TKO? Small, very small.

Wlad hasn't been knocked down in years and Fury isn't a particularly big puncher, has very little experience agaianst big men.

Fury's TKO chances aren't very small at all, Wlad was wobbled in his last fight from a Jab. His chin is below average which is why he developed his current style under the tutelage of Manny Steward. Go back and watch his KOs against earlier in his career, the Sanders and Brewster fights are something all opponents should study. To say Wlad is technically superior is incorrect, Fury has equivalent footwork IMO and can switch hit seamlessly, Wlad can only dream of such ability. Wlad's ability is in control of distance, timed shots and effective smothering of opponent aggression. Fury will come in in his best shape ever for this one, training pics already show this.

To win this fight Fury needs to use his footwork, keep switching up the stance and not let Wlad throw his leaping left hook. Wlad has a tendency to pull straight back when avoiding shots, this works fine against smaller men but Fury has longer reach and good feet. The thing that makes this fight great is both men have a chin that can be wobbled, the interesting thing is Wlad can never recover but Fury has proven he can. If I had to put everything I own on either fighter the safe money is with Wlad but if Fury won I wouldn't be shocked. Imagine what would happen to the domestic scene then?!

Joshua has a huge fight later this year against Whyte who dropped him in the amateurs and got a ridiculously harsh drugs ban to keep him out of the way. The fight is on Youtube. Should be a good test, I think he'll win that and set up a big fight next year.

Fury's TKO chances aren't very small at all, Wlad was wobbled in his last fight from a Jab. His chin is below average which is why he developed his current style under the tutelage of Manny Steward. Go back and watch his KOs against earlier in his career, the Sanders and Brewster fights are something all opponents should study. To say Wlad is technically superior is incorrect, Fury has equivalent footwork IMO and can switch hit seamlessly, Wlad can only dream of such ability. Wlad's ability is in control of distance, timed shots and effective smothering of opponent aggression. Fury will come in in his best shape ever for this one, training pics already show this.

To win this fight Fury needs to use his footwork, keep switching up the stance and not let Wlad throw his leaping left hook. Wlad has a tendency to pull straight back when avoiding shots, this works fine against smaller men but Fury has longer reach and good feet. The thing that makes this fight great is both men have a chin that can be wobbled, the interesting thing is Wlad can never recover but Fury has proven he can. If I had to put everything I own on either fighter the safe money is with Wlad but if Fury won I wouldn't be shocked. Imagine what would happen to the domestic scene then?!

Joshua has a huge fight later this year against Whyte who dropped him in the amateurs and got a ridiculously harsh drugs ban to keep him out of the way. The fight is on Youtube. Should be a good test, I think he'll win that and set up a big fight next year.

Fury's TKO chances are small, of course they are. He doesn't have the biggest punch, and Klitchsko (wobbly chin or not) has mastered the art of not getting hit, at least by big shots, for over 10 years.

Anyone can TKO anyone at any boxing level. Boxers are humans afterall. One decent shot any Mayweather would be out cold, but like Klitchsko, he's a defensive genius.

It's all well and good saying Fury only nees to land that one punch. But how many boxers have said that in recent years. David Haye was quicker, smarter and better with his angles than Fury, and he got nowhere near Klitschko.

Also pointless to say Wlad has never recovered while Fury has. I'm not criticisng Tyson Fury too much here, but he's not even been properly tested. Steve Cunningham dropped him for crying out loud.

His best opponent to date at heavyweight level is Chisora. I mean, comon. He should have challenged the likes of Wach, Pianeta, Povetkin, Pulev, Chagaev first.

Obviously that's Boxing's fault, as the whole system IMO is wrong. It's not Fury's fault, but he doesn't deserve a shot at Klitschko when he's not even faced any of the other contenders.

So many good fights to be had out there, but it seems once you lose to Klitschko, there is nowhere to go. In that case, it would be good for boxing for Fury to win.

Fury's TKO chances are small, of course they are. He doesn't have the biggest punch, and Klitchsko (wobbly chin or not) has mastered the art of not getting hit, at least by big shots, for over 10 years.

Anyone can TKO anyone at any boxing level. Boxers are humans afterall. One decent shot any Mayweather would be out cold, but like Klitchsko, he's a defensive genius.

It's all well and good saying Fury only nees to land that one punch. But how many boxers have said that in recent years. David Haye was quicker, smarter and better with his angles than Fury, and he got nowhere near Klitschko.

Also pointless to say Wlad has never recovered while Fury has. I'm not criticisng Tyson Fury too much here, but he's not even been properly tested. Steve Cunningham dropped him for crying out loud.

His best opponent to date at heavyweight level is Chisora. I mean, comon. He should have challenged the likes of Wach, Pianeta, Povetkin, Pulev, Chagaev first.

Obviously that's Boxing's fault, as the whole system IMO is wrong. It's not Fury's fault, but he doesn't deserve a shot at Klitschko when he's not even faced any of the other contenders.

So many good fights to be had out there, but it seems once you lose to Klitschko, there is nowhere to go. In that case, it would be good for boxing for Fury to win.

There is a fallacy though, you say Chisora is his only test. Did you watch Chisora vs Vitali? The way Fury improved and schooled him second time around was massively impressive by anyone's standards. Fury has avoiding taller fighters no doubt but it is probably a wise move on his part. Fury has average power but that is all he needs, most guys he has fought have better chins than Wlad. I don't think Fury needs one punch, he can outbox him if he sticks to a game plan IMO.

Lets look at some of Wlad's opponents, Pianeta? Mormeck?! Thompson twice? Jennings because you fancy a jolly to the USA? Wlad only faces decent fighters under mandatory conditions, he didn't want Fury but Fury backed him in to a corner by becoming mandatory. Fury and Klitschko both trained in Austria together and Wlad refused to spar him. Look at his performances against a real top fighter in Povetkin, he hugged him to death it was painful to watch. Povetkin is knocking guys out for fun again and will be back around no doubt, the reason Wlad's opponents disappear is because they barely deserved a shot in the first place.

Haye is a cruiserweight, he never had the height or reach to beat Wlad. His attributes played right in to Wlad's hands. Completely irrelevant in this case. The fury fight will go against everything we've seen from Wlad in the last 5 or so years, his usual advantages are null.

Did you see Pianeta vs Chagaev at the weekend? Pianeta cried in the ring after getting mauled.

How would you rather the system be organised? We'll never have a single sanctioning body now. There are too many belts and too many people with financial interests.

Figured this would happen eventually. As for the fight itself, I just think Wladimir has too much for him and will win in a decision.

Yay! AmericanRam is back!!!!

There is a fallacy though, you say Chisora is his only test. Did you watch Chisora vs Vitali? The way Fury improved and schooled him second time around was massively impressive by anyone's standards. Fury has avoiding taller fighters no doubt but it is probably a wise move on his part. Fury has average power but that is all he needs, most guys he has fought have better chins than Wlad. I don't think Fury needs one punch, he can outbox him if he sticks to a game plan IMO.

Lets look at some of Wlad's opponents, Pianeta? Mormeck?! Thompson twice? Jennings because you fancy a jolly to the USA? Wlad only faces decent fighters under mandatory conditions, he didn't want Fury but Fury backed him in to a corner by becoming mandatory. Fury and Klitschko both trained in Austria together and Wlad refused to spar him. Look at his performances against a real top fighter in Povetkin, he hugged him to death it was painful to watch. Povetkin is knocking guys out for fun again and will be back around no doubt, the reason Wlad's opponents disappear is because they barely deserved a shot in the first place.

Haye is a cruiserweight, he never had the height or reach to beat Wlad. His attributes played right in to Wlad's hands. Completely irrelevant in this case. The fury fight will go against everything we've seen from Wlad in the last 5 or so years, his usual advantages are null.

Did you see Pianeta vs Chagaev at the weekend? Pianeta cried in the ring after getting mauled.

How would you rather the system be organised? We'll never have a single sanctioning body now. There are too many belts and too many people with financial interests.

Haye had no problems with Valuev who had a bigger reach and taller than Wlad

Yay! AmericanRam is back!!!!

Haye had no problems with Valuev who had a bigger reach and taller than Wlad

Valuev was a poor fighter though, zero footwork and punches so slow Haye was never getting caught. Haye only landed one big shot all fight. He was one of the worst heavyweight champs for a long time.

Valuev was a poor fighter though, zero footwork and punches so slow Haye was never getting caught. Haye only landed one big shot all fight. He was one of the worst heavyweight champs for a long time.

True Valuev was only a force due to his stature but Haye could've got Wlad in trouble if he was as good as he said but saying that, inside fighters will have a tough job trying to get the shots off against Wlad, this is why Wlad is arguably one of the greatest heavyweights of all time.

Fury aint British is he , I thought he was of Irish traveller lineage ?.

He is from Manchester I think but he identifies with his Irish Traveller heritage to my knowledge

Just researched, his dad was a proper Gypsy if that is not offensive, known as Gypsy John Fury and used to do Bareknuckle.

I thought they found Gypsy offensive... I give up with avoiding offence :lol:

yeah best not write anything, someone is offended if you miss a full stop on this forum.

^

I thought they found Gypsy offensive... I give up with avoiding offence :lol:

yeah best not write anything, someone is offended if you miss a full stop on this forum.

^

Archived