Omar Mascarell

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a lazy website.

Tomorrow's story: "McClaren set to swoop for Buxton Dawkins Bryson Grant Forsyth Thorne Bent

As said before I wouldn't be surprised to see him back, but I'd want to see him as a CM. I'd be happy with him coming back, I think supporters were a bit harsh on him last season.

As said before I wouldn't be surprised to see him back, but I'd want to see him as a CM. I'd be happy with him coming back, I think supporters were a bit harsh on him last season.

the same with Dawkins.

Omar is a dcm, played for Reyaal as a dcm, came in to do a dcm job and was average. 

Not sure he played as an attacking midfielder. Why do people want to change his position. 

This.

He was not a CDM as we understand them in the championship. But would be great to be able to rotate with Will. Either in the 3 of a 4-3-3 or in the middle of a 3 in a 4-2-3-1.

Us fans were excited when he broke into the team against Wolves - "at last, decent set-piece delivery". I only really saw him being ineffective at Fulham and Brighton. which were not really his kinds of games.

Very harsh agreed.

the same with Dawkins.

Omar is a dcm, played for Reyaal as a dcm, came in to do a dcm job and was average. 

Not sure he played as an attacking midfielder. Why do people want to change his position. 

Because his poise, long passing and forward thinking/passing were his best attributes. I was thinking more Deep lying CM than a clear cut defensive midfielder. He wasn't really an english style defensive midfielder in Spain, he was a deep midfielder with a tackling ball-winning midfielder along side him.

His tackling etc. is not good enough to be a defensive midfielder in this country. He could play deep along side someone like Thorne though.

He wasn't as good as Thorne or Eustace but he's not that kind of CDM. Surely the point of having a CDM who offers something different to your other two is to play a slightly different system - a Plan B, if you will. He's a holding player but not in the same mould as Thorne or Eustace who can play there on their own, and play sweeper and playmaker simultaneously. 

That said, when we lost both of the other two and Mascarell on top of that, I would have sold my season ticket to get him back in the side - an okay CDM played slightly out of his favoured role is better than nothing at all.

Happy to see him back, providing we place him in his correct peg.

I'm not suggesting this would be justification for bringing him back but I do think he could help Albentosa realise his potential with us.

Paul Clement speaks good Spanish, think he'll be more of a factor than Omar. Still would like Omar here though.

Archived