Chris Martin

DcFc Dyycheee

I think he will stay and score us another 20 goals this season. There is not many strikers that can score 100 goals in 3 seasons. If we did sell I would be asking 25 to 30m. For him anything less I tell to jog on he is not for sale.

I love you b4, but you are deluded if you think martin is any where near that value.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he will stay and score us another 20 goals this season. There is not many strikers that can score 100 goals in 3 seasons. If we did sell I would be asking 25 to 30m. For him anything less I tell to jog on he is not for sale.

Hrm, Martin or Dzeko.. 

I'm sorry but I think McCormack is better than Martin if I'm being totally unbiased, B4. And McCormack went for £11m not £18m I think.

McCormack only went for about £6m. There were additional fees such as top goalscorer and fulham going back up that would take it to £11m

It's what he's worth to us. McCormack, Rhodes, blah blah. We've got better than them in their role in Darren Bent.

Martin can do things McCormack and Rhodes ca only dream of...and vice versa of course, but it's the blend of strikers we need and we'll never get a better player than Chris Martin at that role while we're the Champ. Surely we won't sell unless he forces the issue?

You actually love Chris Martin don't you Tombo.

Love is a strong word, but I don't know, I think I definitely really really like him.

Why, has he said something?? Do you think he likes me back? I hope he does :wub:

Would it be so bad if we sold Chris Martin? Coming from a big, big fan that's a massive statement for me to make ....

But do we rely too heavily on him?

Is he the person who makes us one dimensional as all our best play goes through him? 

If we signed a Jordan Rhodes he would guarantee us 20 goals a season given his career stats, would he forge a better partnership with Darren Bent.

Would Jordan Rhodes perform better at a higher level cos CM has not been great in Scotland colours or against Chelsea in our 2 cup-ties. 

Just thoughts other forum views welcome.

Martin guarantees us 20+ goals a season and links up play far better than Benty, Rhodes and McCormack could ever do.

All 4 are great finishers but Chrissy has a dimension to his game that the others don't.

Since when has Martin, indeed any player, guaranteed us 20+ goals a season? He has got 20 goals in each of the last 2 seasons, but has never achieved that previously with any club.  

I think there is so much speculation on this thread, that presumes that PC is going to continue to play the same way -style and formation - as Mac did.    If we are, then keeping Martin, and playing to his evident strengths, is a very good idea. But that style hasn't got us very far in the last 2 seasons in reality, and therefore I do wonder whether PC is proposing a major change.  Personally, I think McCormack is a far better player than Martin, but I would agree neither McCormack or Rhodes are suited for, or could play as well, in the "pivot role" that Martin has played for the last 2 years.

Archived