The Great 2015/16 League Cup Thread

Carl Sagan

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Strange how Burton has been designated a 'Northern' team, yet Derby are a 'Southern' team, despite being further north than Burton.

The other at first sight baffling draws are Northampton v Blackpool and Rochdale v Coventry.

After messing around with latitudinal co-ordinates for a few minutes I conclude that it's down to the allocation of seeded or non-seeded clubs, and ensuring that there are the right number of each in the Northern and Southern sections, consequently they have decided that they had to move Northampton and Coventry into the unseeded 'North' group and move us into the seeded 'South' group.

I thought it was strange as well, until I looked more closely at the seeded and non seeded teams. We are in the southern half of the predominately northern seeded teams,whereas Burton and Coventry are in the northern half of the predominately southern non seeded teams. 

Rubbish draw. Worst of the lot. Then again, we had so many home games in the cup last season we're due some poor ones this season. 

​Why is it a rubbish draw? Seaside, proper club? What's not to like?

Ok'ish draw - just out of county though (Sussex that is). I will see nearer the time what Galacticos we are putting out, but at the moment I am quite tempted to lift myself out of my armchair for this one. 

Archived