Rising above last years bottle failure

Sh1te title but looking at the transfer dealings so far it strikes me that we are injecting players who have been there and got the cap to take the club to another level. It showed last season it was above everything else a lack-of-bottle that killed us. These first 3 through the doors are players of some pedigree that can take the rest of the squad up a level. Add Ince, Barton (my choice all along), Weiman (if as reported) and a right back of Wisdom pedigree we have a real chance.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sh1te title but looking at the transfer dealings so far it strikes me that we are injecting players who have been there and got the cap to take the club to another level. It showed last season it was above everything else a lack-of-bottle that killed us. These first 3 through the doors are players of some pedigree that can take the rest of the squad up a level. Add Ince, Barton (my choice all along), Weiman (if as reported) and a right back of Wisdom pedigree we have a real chance.

​We have more of a chance if we stick to Marston's Pedigree.

We can add players with experience to the squad, players that won't lose their bottle without adding a convicted criminal thug to the spine of our team. Be a sad sad day if Barton walked through the doors at the iPro with a Ram on his chest. 

We can add players with experience to the squad, players that won't lose their bottle without adding a convicted criminal thug to the spine of our team. Be a sad sad day if Barton walked through the doors at the iPro with a Ram on his chest. 

​Even his philosophy degree is just glitter on a turd. Bloke's a Charlie big potatoes and one we don't need.

Rohan Ince would be much more preferable. I'd go as far as to say IF Hendrick is sold I'd spend every penny trying to get R. Ince. (Rinse as he'll be known from now on)  He's looked very good for the last 2 seasons and is still very young. 

​Be quite impressive though:whistle:

Barton is a strange one for me. Part of me hates the very thought of him at the club, whilst the other part thinks he could be our captain, lead us to promotion and win player of the season.

He is such a gamble for any club really, the vast majority of his indiscretions are way in the past now, when he was a stupid boy, who had too much, too young as lived like he could be told. People will have to recognise that he was fantastic for qpr in their promotion season and he still has a lot to give as a player.

He will always have it in him to get a stupid red card, or say something on twitter or wind up a fellow player at the club, but at the very core of his being is someone who will not accept people bragging or getting away with the bare minimum. You only have to look at how he spoke about certain players at QPR and their conduct towards the club to understand he can be a positive influence and a role model.

we could sign him and it could be a master stroke, or he could stub a cigar out in Callum guys eye ball......

As with any other player, he would get my support if he wore the Ram and i would back him unless he did something as stupid as he he did in his younger days.

We might have to change a few of the words to the song we sang to him the season before last.

Barton is a strange one for me. Part of me hates the very thought of him at the club, whilst the other part thinks he could be our captain, lead us to promotion and win player of the season.

He is such a gamble for any club really, the vast majority of his indiscretions are way in the past now, when he was a stupid boy, who had too much, too young as lived like he could be told. People will have to recognise that he was fantastic for qpr in their promotion season and he still has a lot to give as a player.

He will always have it in him to get a stupid red card, or say something on twitter or wind up a fellow player at the club, but at the very core of his being is someone who will not accept people bragging or getting away with the bare minimum. You only have to look at how he spoke about certain players at QPR and their conduct towards the club to understand he can be a positive influence and a role model.

we could sign him and it could be a master stroke, or he could stub a cigar out in Callum guys eye ball......

​He can and has been a bit of a tit in the past and we only seem to want to know about that side of him.

I'm on the fence with this one too, could be the signing to push us to the prem ( a bit of ****** in the team ) or it could go tit's up and prove to be a nightmare.

Just took this off wiki for those who think he's a complete dick

Barton is a patron of the Tamsin Gulvin Fund,a charity set up to support people who have addiction problems and no financial support. Tony Adams, who had been impressed with Barton's attitude during his involvement in the Sporting Chance clinic, appointed him to this role. He is a part of the 'Get Hooked on Fishing' campaign, designed to keep children out of trouble by encouraging them to take up fishing. He has also taken part in a celebrity cricket match for charity to help fund a new children's rehabilitation unit at a hospital in Manchester. In 2011 he began writing a regular column in The Big Issue, a street newspaper sold by the homeless and vulnerably housed

If not go to a game if he played for us, I've never hated a footballer more

Forget Barton's activities off the pitch. He's not a good player on it. When was you last impressed by his non threatening but tidy sideways passing, his Jeff Hendrick standard tackling, his unimpressive scoring record... what is it he does apart from gob off and hit people when he doesn't need to. 

QPR have plenty of ex PL platers clinging on to their wage demands. Many have their best days behind them and will be looking to hang on to the arse end of the PL. Some aren't even good enough for that (hence why they finished bottom) and will be chucking their CV's at Champ clubs hoping to revive dead careers. The actual PL quality players they have, like Fer, will be fine. 

I dunno if Barton is one looking to cling on to the arse of the PL or if he's trying to flog himself on a desperate Champ club who's sucked in by his fairly impressive CV. 

But his best days are behind him. I've seen Leadbitter boss midfield more times last season than Barton has in the last 2.

Forget Barton's activities off the pitch. He's not a good player on it. When was you last impressed by his non threatening but tidy sideways passing, his Jeff Hendrick standard tackling, his unimpressive scoring record... what is it he does apart from gob off and hit people when he doesn't need to. 

QPR have plenty of ex PL platers clinging on to their wage demands. Many have their best days behind them and will be looking to hang on to the arse end of the PL. Some aren't even good enough for that (hence why they finished bottom) and will be chucking their CV's at Champ clubs hoping to revive dead careers. The actual PL quality players they have, like Fer, will be fine. 

I dunno if Barton is one looking to cling on to the arse of the PL or if he's trying to flog himself on a desperate Champ club who's sucked in by his fairly impressive CV. 

But his best days are behind him. I've seen Leadbitter boss midfield more times last season than Barton has in the last 2.

Barton was in the Premier League last season and the team that beat Derby at wembley I don't think Leadbitter played at the same level of football last season 

Barton is  a good footballer despite the fact he's been in trouble a lot. 

Guess you wouldn't take Luis Suarez at the club either then?

Didnt we all feel similar about Savage up until he joined us??!!?

Yes, and during and after his tenure running about 

We've got to get to last year's level yet, that in itself would be a major achievement for a new manager in his first year.

lets ramp up expectations as far as we can though, then we can slag the team off every time we fail to live up to them.

I can't for the life of me see how Carson's experience will put us in a better position than we would be with Grant.

Carson's experience didnt help Wigan in their relegation battle. Neither did Perch's, McClean's, Boyce's...etc

Wigan probably had one of the most experienced sides in the division - it counted for nothing over the course of the season. 

I can't for the life of me see how Carson's experience will put us in a better position than we would be with Grant.

Carson's experience didnt help Wigan in their relegation battle. Neither did Perch's, McClean's, Boyce's...etc

Wigan probably had one of the most experienced sides in the division - it counted for nothing over the course of the season. 

Is that worth an answer. 

Grant was flapping away and  totally lost his confidence 

Are you president of Grants fan club. 

Competition for places that's what it's about. 

Roos didn't give Grant competition he has a long way to go to get up to Championship standard 

Archived