Stimac: I had the chance to be Derby manager

Ambitious

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't worry Igor, not be long before you get another chance, probably.

​I need another chance trying to drive over the A52 at the Wyvern

He'll be in manager in 6 years time, as we've established ourselves as a Premier League side, lost in the FA Cup final to Mark Hughes' Manchester United in 2020, but have won the Samsung UEFA Cup the following year against Benfica in the final at West Ham's Olympic Stadium, with the success resulting in Clement's return to Chelsea after Mourinho left to manage Portugal. Stimac finds himself greeted by a roar when walking out to a packed 40,000 strong iPro, which had an extension over the summer due to the club's success and England captain Will Hughes' sale to Chelsea for 60 million. Stimac would then go on to break the clubs previous record amount of points in the Premier League with 9 points (two wins over a bemused Newcastle side and draws at home to Charlton, Swansea and Southampton), leading to the sacking of Stimac and sale of club's second top goal scorer of all time, Chris Martin.

Probably, never really thought about it tbh

He'll be in manager in 6 years time, as we've established ourselves as a Premier League side, lost in the FA Cup final to Mark Hughes' Manchester United in 2020, but have won the Samsung UEFA Cup the following year against Benfica in the final at West Ham's Olympic Stadium, with the success resulting in Clement's return to Chelsea after Mourinho left to manage Portugal. Stimac finds himself greeted by a roar when walking out to a packed 40,000 strong iPro, which had an extension over the summer due to the club's success and England captain Will Hughes' sale to Chelsea for 60 million. Stimac would then go on to break the clubs previous record amount of points in the Premier League with 9 points (two wins over a bemused Newcastle side and draws at home to Charlton, Swansea and Southampton), leading to the sacking of Stimac and sale of club's second top goal scorer of all time, Chris Martin.

Probably, never really thought about it tbh

​You forgot to mention the welcome return of "Tye" who changed his shirt name to "Moor Farm Bathroom Window" for good luck. 

Roy Mac......Colin Todd......John Gregory......there is three reasons why you should never have a "legend" of a player managing the place....

​Roy Mac at least got us to a playoff final playing some decent stuff in that 93-94 season. The others I'll give you were appalling. And in Gregory's case a bit shifty.

I don't want him here, I want to remember him as our rock at the back (sorry Albentosa), comes here as manager, complete flop, I'd cry and my memories would be ruined for ever.

​Doesn't have to work like that, and although it would be painful at the time, that pain would fade.

Younger Rams fans look at Colin Todd as someone to be filed next to Clod in the COU (Cabinet of Uselessness), but those of us who are binners conveniently suffer from short-term memory loss and only remember his magnificence on the pitch (Colin, not Claude).

TobyWanKenobi

Not sure why people are so desperate to have him back as a manager. His record seems a bit shaky, and recently guided his current team Zadar to relegation into the Croatian second division.

Archived