Giles Barnes

matty1

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He had a blinder for Jamaica on his debut, too. 

I'd have him back on the right conditions; low wages, short-term, low risk. He's a different player to the one he was, but he's still doing an okay job. 

An impact player from the bench, maybe? I don't know. I don't think we'll bid big for him.  

I think it would be a bad choice for him to return to the UK. He's a big fish in the MLS and that's what he always wanted.

Say what you want about the level of football in the MLS, but cracking in screamers from 30 yards isn't really dependent on the quality of the league.

I think it would be a bad choice for him to return to the UK. He's a big fish in the MLS and that's what he always wanted.

Say what you want about the level of football in the MLS, but cracking in screamers from 30 yards isn't really dependent on the quality of the league.

​It is when you've got all the time in the world to take a shot...

Meh, he wouldn't be my number one target but I'd consider having him back at a cheap price on a short-term, low-risk deal. Concerning that Morris specifically wants him back though - that suggests he's falling victim to sentiment, as well as trying to call the shots. He has to leave it up to Evans and Clement.

​Agree with this. GB has been the best player to come through the academy for a very long time indeed, better than either Hughes or Huddlestone. But he was broken playing for us when injured, and looked as if he wouldn't even have a career in the game. He's done brilliantly well to come back and do that in the US. He gives a good interview about it. But I don't think he should risk putting his body back on the line in English football.There's more to life.

Many questioned his attitude and thought he was a big time charlie. I never ever saw that. If it was true, he really was incredibly talented. The goals he scored in the promotion season were something else. When he was on the field, he lifted the crowd in a way no other players since have come close to,

But I don't think this would be right for club or player.

I can't imagine this is true. He hasn't played at a high level for three years and hasn't had a good year in English football for six.

​Messi has never had a good year in English football, but I wouldn't be too unhappy if he decided to come here. 

One of my massive pet hates is when we get linked with a player and people reply with "no thanks" having seen them play 2 or 3 times against Derby in the past. 

Every player linked with Derby this summer some fans have said "No thanks" having hardly seen them play.

Now I know Giles Barnes was here a while ago and was very young. His attitude when he was here was disgusting. I always thought he flattered to decieve. Would beat a man, then go back and do it again. One of the most frustrating players ive seen. Also think hes not a patch on Hughes who I think is the best young player to come through the ranks by a country mile..

I know hes older now and probably more mature. But I really wouldnt want him anywhere near our club again. 

Yeah hes doing well in the MLS but the standard is so poor.

I know that Mel Morris and co read this forum. So I hope they see this and realise about 80-90% of us do not want Barnes back. 

We can do so much better than Barnes and I would not be happy in the slightest to see him sign for Derby.

Archived