Women's World Cup

eustonstation

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It works better with the sound off - the stadiums ae so lifeless it just accentuates the lower quality of the football being played. Once I pressed the mute button and put some music on, I enjoyed it much more!

That may be more down to the fact that England turned up for the last half hour ..

footnote :- with the sound down , you missed the best bit , commentator stated that cracks were

starting to appear , even made my missus laugh , that bit ..

That may be more down to the fact that England turned up for the last half hour ..

footnote :- with the sound down , you missed the best bit , commentator stated that cracks were

starting to appear , even made my missus laugh , that bit ..

LOL

This is true, mention of "long periods" is also equally schoolboy.

I also enjoy the commentators constant slip-ups into referring to men

"there is a man free on the far side" etc

LOL

This is true, mention of "long periods" is also equally schoolboy.

I also enjoy the commentators constant slip-ups into referring to men

"there is a man free on the far side" etc

Jonathan Pearce is a horrible choice too. He is so condescending. Really basic things like an uncontested catch by the keeper are lauded. It's pathetic.

Cant help but cringe at stuff like this. They want to be taken as seriously as the Men yet act like 16 year old school boys that have just won a game. And that stupid hand shake one did yesterday after scoring made me throw up in my mouth. (Harsh I know, prepared for a backlash :ph34r:)

Some of the passages of play are really good, but arguably because the defences across the board are so flat slow it's easy to play those diagonal balls in behind.

Some of the goals have been good though. Seen some cracking top corner strikes that wouldn't look out of place in professional men's football.

But the atmosphere I agree doesn't do it justice. It would be better if the stadium was silent. Those high-pitched screams when one team gets near the opposition's penalty area is cringeworthy.

Still think the goals are too big for the keepers. They're bad enough as it is but most can't cover huge parts of the goal to make what 6ft 4/5" man would call a routine save. 

Germany the best team I've seen so far

Still think the goals are too big for the keepers. They're bad enough as it is but most can't cover huge parts of the goal to make what 6ft 4/5" man would call a routine save. 

Germany the best team I've seen so far

Yes mate they have been brilliant that's for sure. US not as good as I thought we would be tbh, but in Quarter's. Hopefully will get stronger in next game vs. China.

Yes mate they have been brilliant that's for sure. US not as good as I thought we would be tbh, but in Quarter's. Hopefully will get stronger in next game vs. China.

Who are the dominant teams in women's football?  I assume not Brazil and Spain etc

Who are the dominant teams in women's football?  I assume not Brazil and Spain etc

Brazil is ranked in top 10, but have lost a step in last few years. Dominant teams right now would be Germany, France, USA, and Japan in regards to their performances over past few years.

Germany is best team, and the way US has played this WC, not sure they have what it takes to win it tbh, but we shall see; play China Friday.

It is interesting also to see how good a nation's women's team is versus their men's team. For instance, Japan and Canada women are both ranked in top 10 in world, whereas their men's teams are outside the top 50 in rankings. Women also seem to play way more International friendlies than the men's team does; that is easily the case with the USA at least. Alex Morgan has 88 caps already and is only 25 years old. I dare say she will have 200+ before she retires.

Archived