Women's World Cup

eustonstation

Cant help but cringe at stuff like this. They want to be taken as seriously as the Men yet act like 16 year old school boys that have just won a game. And that stupid hand shake one did yesterday after scoring made me throw up in my mouth. (Harsh I know, prepared for a backlash :ph34r:)

Let me just get this straight; you're criticising the players for celebrating?

The biggest game most of these girls have ever played in, they come from behind against the reigning runners up of Europe with a spectacular goal, and you're criticising them for being excited?

Take a look in the mirror and remember you'll never achieve anything even close to what these people are achieving. Then **** yourself in the arse with a cactus.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The biggest game most of these girls have ever played in, they come from behind against the reigning runners up of Europe with a spectacular goal, and you're criticising them for being excited?

Take a look in the mirror and remember you'll never achieve anything even close to what these people are achieving. Then **** yourself in the arse with a cactus.

Charming. 

So you know YouRams then? Know all about him? Nope, didn't think so. Don't criticise him for saying silly things and then go and do it yourself. 

Charming. 

So you know YouRams then? Know all about him? Nope, didn't think so. Don't criticise him for saying silly things and then go and do it yourself. 

The only thing I know about the guy is what he portrays of himself on this website, and quite frankly he's come across as a tool. I'll criticise him for that if I want to. 

Still think the goals are too big for the keepers. They're bad enough as it is but most can't cover huge parts of the goal to make what 6ft 4/5" man would call a routine save. 

Germany the best team I've seen so far

Actually made me laugh thinking about this, you're bang on the money.

The amount of times you see the goalkeepers back peddling and just about tipping the ball onto the post/bar from literally their goal line is something you'd never see in men's football.

The Germany/Ivory Coast match was painful from a goalkeeping standpoint. Germany went through and scored so easily because the IC keeper didn't know how to close down the angles - she was too small.

From a technical point, Japan and China are really good. Think it was China who scored an amazing goal, full of one-touch passing and movement. Due to the opposition defence being so slow, it was reminscent of Barcelona.

The only thing I know about the guy is what he portrays of himself on this website, and quite frankly he's come across as a tool. I'll criticise him for that if I want to. 

In your opinion maybe, but you're the one swearing at people, so how do you think you come across? 

I disagree with him on that point myself, and I respect your desire to defend women's football, but are you going to call the whole world a **** because they have a different opinion?

In your opinion maybe, but you're the one swearing at people, so how do you think you come across? 

I disagree with him on that point myself, and I respect your desire to defend women's football, but are you going to call the whole world a **** because they have a different opinion?

Because no one else ever swears do they..?

You might think my swearing makes me come across in a bad light, that's fine, but I'm not calling him out for having a different opinion to mine, I'm calling him out because his "opinion" is rude, disrespectful and down right sexist. I'd rather be judged for swearing, than for being a misogynist.

It's not the swearing in itself, it's the lack of patience and respect for people with a different opinion.

Try to claim the moral high ground in that manner and you just look a prat. In fact there's forum rules which I thin might come into play here.

Actually made me laugh thinking about this, you're bang on the money.

The amount of times you see the goalkeepers back peddling and just about tipping the ball onto the post/bar from literally their goal line is something you'd never see in men's football.

The Germany/Ivory Coast match was painful from a goalkeeping standpoint. Germany went through and scored so easily because the IC keeper didn't know how to close down the angles - she was too small.

From a technical point, Japan and China are really good. Think it was China who scored an amazing goal, full of one-touch passing and movement. Due to the opposition defence being so slow, it was reminscent of Barcelona.

Just seems anything aimed at head height and off center becomes a huge problem because they can't reach to cover the goal. I've seen lots of routine crosses go in etc when watching women's football. Crosses that would be snatched out the air by men or punched at least. I've seen a good few keepers lobbed when they're on the goal line. 

I dont know the average height/stretch of a women's league goalkeeper but it must be some way off the men? Like you said, they can't cover the angles.

I dont know how there aren't much more goals. I've not seen that many good saves from decent shots. The ones I have all come from the same keepers. 

Because no one else ever swears do they..?

You might think my swearing makes me come across in a bad light, that's fine, but I'm not calling him out for having a different opinion to mine, I'm calling him out because his "opinion" is rude, disrespectful and down right sexist. I'd rather be judged for swearing, than for being a misogynist.

Please highlight any part in my comment that portrays me as sexist? I cringe because its like there not being there own persons, they call one Crouch who has done the stupid robot after scoring before. I was merely saying get your own personalities and they would be much more respected (in my opinion). I have nothing against womens football, give me Cairney up top over Sammon every day of the week.

And on a personal note i'm fully aware how I come across on here, I have a strange sense of humour I think a few need to lighten up a little.

Great achievement, considering.

Not quite sure why people have been jumping on the bandwagon, saying how proud they are etc.

Why are they proud? What are they proud of?

Not only was being born in England, a piece of land, down to sheer chance but they're proud of a group of women they've never met playing a sport (Women's football) which is about as popular as Snooker.

Great achievement, considering.

Not quite sure why people have been jumping on the bandwagon, saying how proud they are etc.

Why are they proud? What are they proud of?

Not only was being born in England, a piece of land, down to sheer chance but they're proud of a group of women they've never met playing a sport (Women's football) which is about as popular as Snooker.

Bris,

Have you ever heard of something called national pride?

You say it's a great achievement, considering. Considering what exactly?

I'm sure I reminded you once but I'll remind you again...Snooker was responsible for some 18.5 million viewing figures some years ago.

Clearly you're giving your brain a rest today.

Archived